Home menu freezing on Luma 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mrwout, Nov 30, 2016.

1. mrwout
    OP

mrwout Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Today I booted up my 3DS to be greeted by a totally messed up home menu.
    (Old 3DS booting Luma 3DS through a9lh. I have no idea what version, and I am unable to check it.)

Here is the list of the problems I have uncovered so far:
    - doesn't load all icons on home menu;
    - doesn't run games or apps from home menu (installed or cartridge) --> trying to do so freezes the 3DS;
    - doesn't run anything from the bar at the top of the screen --> freezes 3DS as well;
    - putting the 3ds in sleep mode freezes it;
    - short pushing the power button does not give to option to power off, 3DS can only be powered off whit long push of the power button;
    - I can not load game manuals (but trying to do so does not freeze the console).

I thought it might have been a corrupted SD card or something, so I set up a brand new SD card to run Luma 3DS and ended up having exactly the same problems.

I am also not sure if this is custom firmware related, but this seemed the most relevant section.

Is this a problem someone has encountered before? Anyone have any possible solutions I can try?

2. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    I never honestly knew what happened to it, but my cousins n3ds did that, as well as my emunand on my o3ds. never actually found out the cause, but if you are able to somehow boot decrypt9, then you can dump the nand, format it then follow this guide:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

you can skip any steps involving xorpad generation and nand decryption because decrypt9 dumps it fully decrypted, so it can be mounted directly in osfmount. that worked for me.