Holy shnikeys, DOWNGRADING?!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by synce, Nov 19, 2010.

1. synce
    OP

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    I'm too excited and busy to read up any further on this, has anyone successfully downgraded?

http://www.psdowngrade.com/

FTA: Please note: PS Downgrade is ONLY compatible with original PS Jailbreak, no clones or inferior USB dongles.

My PS3 is dead but I'm funna go out and buy me a new one this holiday if I can go from 3.50 to 3.41 just like that [​IMG]

2. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Is it an actual 2nd dongle or just a very expensive 5 lines of code software update? Anyways, from what i have read it will only work once. And i think that's because it writes something to one of those write-only-once chips. => It will be possible to detect this by sony.

3. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
  4. sk8mystery23

sk8mystery23 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 5, 2008
    United States
    Pretty sure that if you go out now and buy a PS3 it'll be on 3.41. I believe.

5. Unfortune

Unfortune GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2009
    Pakistan
    Alberta, Canada
    So, what do you do with the thing? Plug it into your pc? I'm confused. Somebody please tell me what your supposed to do if I got it [​IMG]

6. Sao Mortel

Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal
    You wait because it might just be a hoax. Theres no proof of truth as for now

7. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    I also read it only works once. (?) Not sure if it means it works once on a certain PS3, or that their downgrade devices only work once then self destruct, or what not. Its not clear to me.
    edit: well if it isn't a second dongle, then it just works once on a certain ps3 then.

8. .Chris

.Chris Clueless

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    United States

9. Unfortune

Unfortune GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2009
    Pakistan
    Alberta, Canada
    What is that supposed to mean? You plug in a PS Jailbreak to your pc AND plug a PS Downgrade in too? [​IMG]

10. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    No, the PS Jailbreak is the PS Downgrade. That is, you install the ps downgrade software on your ps jailbreak, downgrade your PS3, and then put the original ps jailbreak software back on the device so it can be used like normal

11. Unfortune

Unfortune GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2009
    Pakistan
    Alberta, Canada
    Ah, I see. Thank you.