Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick blog on how anal gamefaqs forums are about....anything.

You can't censor words, even though the site HAS a censor. If you have a censored word, your post may (read: will) get deleted and you get a point loss and all this crap that doesn't affect you if you're smart and use the forums through GameSpot, using a gamespot account.

Calling someone ANYTHING warrants a post delete and point loss. Yep, dipshit, retard, moron, idiot, sillyhead, boogerhead. S'all the same to them. GameFaqs mods jump on ANY opportunity like your post is a huge slab of meat and they are a bunch of starving animals.

Short posts get deleted. Sometimes this is good, but they have no discretion whatsoever. If you quote someone and say "I agree with this" your post is too short, and may get deleted. Anything shorter then that and god damn, same scenario as above. Meat, hungry animals.

More stuff i'm sure, but I can't remember any more without looking up my abuse log.

Maybe I just post on forums with much looser rules?
I know here I can go pretty far in my posts as long as it isn't excessive. I mean, I can call someone a "fucking retard" and chances are, i'll never receive punishment.
The other forum I go to i'm an official mod for the only forum I post on (videogames), and we accept a pretty high amount of shit as well. As long as it isn't troll posts. But I mean, if someone deserves it....people can say some pretty harsh shit. Actually, I have a really good post example for this from before I was a mod on the forum, and my post never got deleted:

Warning: may offend straight male fans of Domo. A context post missed may be that I said Domo is for "girls and gay guys" outside the quote
2nkrv49.jpg

Putting things into the most perspective is the Hello Kitty Online forums. Now, i'm thinking back to the Sanrio Town days. (and yes, I posted there for a while >_>).
The Hello Kitty Online forums, made for GIRLS ages 8 and up, were less strict then gamefaqs. You couldn't swear worth a damn, but you could post short on topic posts without being moderated, insult someone mildly, y'know moron and idiot. You could even post censored words as long as it wasn't excessive, or only partly censored, (IE: s**t = bad **** = good)

TL;DR : Gamefaqs forum mods are more anal then Hello Kitty Online forum mods.

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TBH, that was pretty low...

I haven't used gamefaqs in long time, but when I was there almost nothing got modded...

And Hello Kitty Online?
mellow.gif
I didn't even know that existed... In my opinion, 8 year old girls shouldn't be roaming the interwebs. This is how people like the dun goof'd girl get invented...

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ore0 said:

I haven't used gamefaqs in long time, but when I was there almost nothing got modded...

And Hello Kitty Online?
mellow.gif
I didn't even know that existed... In my opinion, 8 year old girls shouldn't be roaming the interwebs. This is how people like the dun goof'd girl get invented...

I was roaming the internet when I was 8 :wtf:

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
ore0 said:

And Hello Kitty Online?
mellow.gif

I was roaming the internet when I was 8 :wtf:
I just realized....
So was I
wtf.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol thanks to sites like neopets and runescape, kids are on the internet all the time.

Can't say I ever posted on a forum when I was that young though xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That green LED on the face shinning at you tho