ROM Hack RELEASE Hollow Knight Save Edit

Frexxos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hollow.PNG

How to edit the Hollow Knight switch save.

Like ALWAYS with editing: Make a backup of your savegame! You can damage or destroy your savegame!

1. Extract your save of Hollow Knight with latest Checkpoint Homebrew.

You will get the following file:
1.PNG

2. Open it with your favorite Editor. (I prefer 010 Editor or Note++)

3. The you will see directly clear text and you can edit what ever you want.

Here some things to edit - which i tried and it worked very well:

- For Money/Geo edit the values after "geo" to your wanted money/geo like this:
2.PNG

Now you will have ingame 109460 Geo/Money.​

- For Damage edit the values after "nailDamage" to your wanted damage you want to deal. Like this:
3.PNG

Now you will deal 95 Damage to your enemies (normally you start with 5 Damage dealing)​

- You can even edit the cost's of your charmes like this:
4.PNG

CharmCost_1 means the Cost for the "first" charm, in this case its 1. So you can change something that normally cost 5 charm points to 1 charm point.
- And with
upload_2018-6-14_21-39-2.png
you can edit how many Charm slots you will have. Normally you can only get 11 in the whole game as I know.​

Here some things that not worked for me:
Edit in some way the maximum amount of your Mana/Magic. I see the values but somehow ingame it doesn't affect anything. Normally ingame every spell you cast will cost you 33 Mana/Magic. I also could not change this value to a different one. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

Happy editing.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-14_21-38-56.png
    upload_2018-6-14_21-38-56.png
    547 bytes · Views: 1,341

Frexxos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats strange. can you upload your edited file? I will check it

I did this today again and everything is fine.

Frexxos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm could i be that you died ingame and then tried to save edit? Because of the following:
The game normally stores your geo at this point: "geo":5000 - that means normally you should get with this save 5000 geo
but on the other side every time you die, all the geo will be there at the point you died. you have to fight a dark version of yourself and get everything back. This "stored" geo's are located at: "geoPool":143 - maybe thats the reason that the money wont show up directly?

Also what i can see is following: "nailDamage":25 - you should definitly notice that change because you are very strong. tried to kill some enemys? the most of them must be now one or two hit's and they are dead.

Oh and btw. I know that sounds stupid: did you copied your edited save to your switch and really restored it? That happend once to me - did so many things that I forgot to restore the save - instead i pressed the backup button again and wondered why nothing is working... just asking.

Last edited by Frexxos,

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm could i be that you died ingame and then tried to save edit? Because of the following:
The game normally stores your geo at this point: "geo":5000 - that means normally you should get with this save 5000 geo
but on the other side every time you die, all the geo will be there at the point you died. you have to fight a dark version of yourself and get everything back. This "stored" geo's are located at: "geoPool":143 - maybe thats the reason that the money wont show up directly?

Also what i can see is following: "nailDamage":25 - you should definitly notice that change because you are very strong. tried to kill some enemys? the most of them must be now one or two hit's and they are dead.
Yea what I noticed is when I load in, no changes are there. So, I tried making a backup again, and it was like all changes I made were deleted

Frexxos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That should not happen. Maybe something failed. Lets try again.
Make a new Backup with checkpoint. Edit only Geo and Nail Damage. Copy the save back to switch. Open the save now on the SD card and check if your edits still there. Put the SD back to the switch. Restore the save now with checkpoint and check if it worked.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should not happen. Maybe something failed. Lets try again.
Make a new Backup with checkpoint. Edit only Geo and Nail Damage. Copy the save back to switch. Open the save now on the SD card and check if your edits still there. Put the SD back to the switch. Restore the save now with checkpoint and check if it worked.
Will do when home. I tried to give myself abilities like double jump and stuff, maybe that’s why it broke

Frexxos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I came to a point in game where i could upgrade my weapon. After i did this my edited damage value was overwritten. So keep in mind when upgrade weapons

Frexxos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here. You can check it out. The save is already edited and I played a little bit.

Attachments

• 0x0100633007D48000 Hollow Knight.rar
    13.1 KB · Views: 402
Reactions: Zerotica

Siedjeey

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does anyone know if you can use your PC save file for the Switch version?
Or if it needs some kinda tweaks to make it work?
I’d love to continue my game from the PC version on the go without the need to play another 40 hours or so

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see anyone confirming they have also done it, as I do not see an option like the OP said about changing the spell cost (and I looked through every single option...). The only Cost for any kind of spell you seem to be able to change is for Focus. I haven't tested changing it to zero yet but I have the Focus cost set to 1 and that works pretty well, makes casting it nearly instantaneous as well which is nice to have near invulnerability.

Reactions: Frexxos

Frexxos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The save for switch and pc looks like its the same, if both games have the same versions. I could load my switch save with the pc editor. Dont own the gane on pc to test.
Wow never thought about focus, have to try it out - thanks!

kdt 4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if you can use your PC save file for the Switch version?
Or if it needs some kinda tweaks to make it work?
I’d love to continue my game from the PC version on the go without the need to play another 40 hours or so
The save for switch and pc looks like its the same, if both games have the same versions. I could load my switch save with the pc editor. Dont own the gane on pc to test.
Wow never thought about focus, have to try it out - thanks!

The Switch and PC files are technically the same besides encryption, the PC version is encrypted with a ECB/Rijndael/PKCS7 cipher with the Key "UKu52ePUBwetZ9wNX88o54dnfKRu0T1l".I have updated Hollow Knight Save Manager to be able to load switch saves, as well as save to both switch and PC formats. It'll save switch files with a .switch extension which you'll want to remove before moving it back.

I don't have the game on switch to test, but I can't imagine any issues with it.

Edit: Game version shouldn't matter either, if you load a save with more content the game will just ignore it, and if you load a save missing content it'll just default the values.

Last edited by kdt 4ever,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol