Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
these are the features the cyclo DS has the R4DS does not have:

pokemon battle revolution wii to DS connectivity
a more sofisticated menu system and easy to read menu aswell (menu top and bottom screen is the RIGHT way compared to R4DS menu which is the WRONG way)
full touch screen support in the menu
in game menu when you press a combination of buttons
a normal slot compared to a spring loader of the R4DS i prefer this
future proof with those big micro SD cards that hold more data.
Adjust LCD brightness during game play (without a cheat code)

there is probably more features that i have forgot about but that's the main ones and the reason why i will be moving to a cyclo DS.

yeah you may not care about it and are happy with your R4DS that's great for you, but i DO care and i want to change my flash cart so it's a big deal to me.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
have some patience
you dont seem to realise how spoilt you are with the flashcarts available today (and the price they are)
bk when gba carts were the in thing they were very expensive and had hardly any features unlike all the ds carts available now
as long as a cart can play the games anything else is just a added bonus

adamrgolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these are the features the cyclo DS has the R4DS does not have:

pokemon battle revolution wii to DS connectivity
a more sofisticated menu system and easy to read menu aswell (menu top and bottom screen is the RIGHT way compared to R4DS menu which is the WRONG way)
full touch screen support in the menu
in game menu when you press a combination of buttons
a normal slot compared to a spring loader of the R4DS i prefer this
future proof with those big micro SD cards that hold more data.
Adjust LCD brightness during game play (without a cheat code)

there is probably more features that i have forgot about but that's the main ones and the reason why i will be moving to a cyclo DS.

yeah you may not care about it and are happy with your R4DS that's great for you, but i DO care and i want to change my flash cart so it's a big deal to me.

do you have to do anything extra prior to just "dragging and dropping" a game to the card, putting in your ds, and playing?
aka, does it auto dldi patch? does it need to be pre-patched?

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i know the fanboys will hate this but when i can afford it i'm definitely moving to a new flash cart, i'm doubting we will see another update tbh.

Well that's very nice for you...go buy as many new flash carts as you can, it's no big deal when you consider how much money you have saved by stealing the games up to now! I'll probably be buying some of the Acekard RPG's as soon as they iron out the kinks, since it will be the most advanced cart on the market...until the next one comes along.
wacko.gif

With regards to not being anymore updates, that's a pretty stupid thing to say...of course they'll be more updates. In fact I'll bet you a brand new cart of your choice against your R4, if you fancy a gamble!!!
grog.gif
(Let's say the update comes out within the next month or I lose ?)

The R4 team has probably sold more carts by now than all the other brands put together, so it would be silly to risk losing out on the potential future sales for the brand name. (I would guess they are working on an R4+/2 as I type this!)

Back on topic ... the firmware update is very late! I'm not gonna bother with the ARM7 patching...R4 needs to fix it now, and forget about the other "useless" features that they are working on.

Anywayz got to get back to playing games...laterz.
yaynds.gif

DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how my first flash cart was a Supercard Lite, I'm used to not getting updates but once every few months. I'm just glad all the games I want to play work.

New features are always nice, but more often than not, the new features go unused by me.

maxpowersin

Trophies
XP
Country
India
New features are always nice, but more often than not, the new features go unused by me.

I agree. 1.11 is flawless. It's able to play all the latest dumps without hiccups. The only thing needs updated is the arm7 thingy which frankly is no big deal if they don't do it.

And real time save is not possible I guess!!

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see them doing a update soon but the idea i see them implementing which i highly doubt but would be nice is...
wii to ds...
new in game options like the cyclos
fixing the 7arm
better touch screen menus...
maybe touch screen scrolling
but the one i would like to see is the ability to file edit and run roms through compression.. ie maybe zip or rar?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
but the one i would like to see is the ability to file edit and run roms through compression.. ie maybe zip or rar?

If they added the ability to run roms from zip/rar files then you would have to leave the same amount of free space as the largest rom on your card will be unpacked + around 25% for unpacking overheads. So if the largest rom on your card is 128 MB you would have to have around 150 MB of free space on your card before you could run it. Kinda pointless.

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont mind about updates, because I dont need wii to ds connectivity (I dont own a Wii) and I dont care for little features. i dont use many features of this game anyway. and the ingame menu would be useful, but its no big deal. I mean, it doesnt take very long to save and restart with other codes, does it?

Im just happy it can play any DS game I want, and for them to create something like this is amazing anyway. I applaud the R4 team, for there excellent device. I suppose some people would prefer o have RTS and stuff, but that really doesnt matter so much. alotof games now allow almost real time saving (Phoenix Wright, Pokemon (outside battle), ) so i dont think we need it so much.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, at least a fix for the ARM issues would be nice so we don't have to fiddle with the ROMs to get some of them to run. Anything else is just icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned.

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
Like i said a while back, i don't think the ARM issue isn't important to fix in 1.12. (I guess the R4 Team agrees with me, since there has been no Update to fix the 'issue'
tongue.gif
)

If you find it hard to unpack a rom, replace one file, then repack then you shouldn't be allowed near a computer.

antigirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I HAVENT UPDATED MY r4 since the day i got it, i dont need to everything works fine, which is what alot of people think, unlike some kids here that need , i mean WANT everything, regardless of its use.
PIRACY beyond the need of necessity. good example, people dieing to get PHOTOSHOP CS3 extended just to have, cause its extended? noobs galore.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If they added the ability to run roms from zip/rar files then you would have to leave the same amount of free space as the largest rom on your card will be unpacked + around 25% for unpacking overheads. So if the largest rom on your card is 128 MB you would have to have around 150 MB of free space on your card before you could run it. Kinda pointless.
You could easily save more than 150mb of space using zipped archives.

I HAVENT UPDATED MY r4 since the day i got it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm