Hmm something got chipped. Don't know what it is.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mailyfesux, May 7, 2010.

1. Mailyfesux
    OP

Newcomer Mailyfesux Advanced Member

United States
    While replacing my ds case, I accidentally chipped off a piece of hardware. I can't figure out what it is, but it's preventing me from turning my ds back on. The power led's don't flash when using the power switch.

I tried gluing the chipped piece back on, but it didnt help. Can anybody help me identify it or tell me whether or not the chipped piece is indeed the problem with the ds not turning back on?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

edit: big picture whoops

2. gary2010

Member gary2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i broke my ds while i was changing my case and it would only flash an orange light, i think i broke my fuse. my friend had half a ds lite so i used the motherboard to fix it lol i think u will need to get a new one aswell if you have snapped off a chip. is it the l8 chip u tried to glue back on, and the glue wont of helped nether i recomend a new motherboard

3. Bently

Member Bently GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    First of all, how did you even chip it off? It looks like you took a knife and slit the corner or something. Although I think it may be vital to the problem of turning on the DS, but it could also be your Ribbon cable connections. Try securing the cable's and lock them into place then turn it on. What I suggest is to try and buy a new motherboard and replace it.

EDIT: Gary beat me to it xD.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I don't have any first hand experience with this kind of thing, but I can tell you from almost four years of reading about people's DS's not turning on after replacing the case that the ribbon cable being torn or not plugged in far enough is by far the most common problem.

Then again, most people don't actually break pieces off of the motherboard while switching cases.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    L5 and L6 are surface mount inductors, you can use digikey or mouser to find a replacement if you know what your looking for.

Otherwise send it in for repair if possible.

6. Mailyfesux
    OP

Newcomer Mailyfesux Advanced Member

United States