Hacking Highest emunand version you can use without owning a Gateway?

ShadowDaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how to actually use 7x emunand on cfw 4x? ( i have a sd card with 7x formated emu nand and one with 4x emunand) and 9.2 nand bin only

I have a r4i gold. only.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
SysNAND - 4.5 -> i do nothing with it, it only there to boot RedNAND or EmuNAND
RedNAND - 4.5 (CFW) -> Install .cia's and play Games up to 6.x, run Homebrew-cia's (GameYob, CitrAGB, 3DSNES,...)
EmuNAND 9.4 -> Boot Game Cartridges >= 7.x (region unlocked), use the eShop
That's pretty cool. Can I use the r4i gold card to do this?

AndrewPH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.classicube.net
XP
Country
United States
Can you elaborate on this? We can create/enter emuNAND without a cart?

Yep, downgrade to 4.2 using Gateway 3.0.1 and grab a DS-mode cart that works on 4.2 and stick the MT installer on it, and set up emunand using that.

Then you can update emunand from the settings menu (while inside emunand, of course) to 9.4, in order to play games that need higher versions, and get stuff from the eshop.

Reactions: Margen67

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, downgrade to 4.2 using Gateway 3.0.1 and grab a DS-mode cart that works on 4.2 and stick the MT installer on it, and set up emunand using that.

Then you can update emunand from the settings menu (while inside emunand, of course) to 9.4, in order to play games that need higher versions, and get stuff from the eshop.

Is there a guide for this method? because it makes me nervous. I've got an old Supercard DSonei

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a guide for this method? because it makes me nervous. I've got an old Supercard DSonei

I too am a bit nervous when it comes to this because I haven't owned any 3DS flashcarts. I do have a Supercard DSTWO, which I believe should work with any 3DS firmware. Is it possible to setup my sysNAND with 4.5CFW for old games and emuNAND with the dump of my current 9.2 NAND (which then I'd update)?

AndrewPH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.classicube.net
XP
Country
United States
I too am a bit nervous when it comes to this because I haven't owned any 3DS flashcarts. I do have a Supercard DSTWO, which I believe should work with any 3DS firmware. Is it possible to setup my sysNAND with 4.5CFW for old games and emuNAND with the dump of my current 9.2 NAND (which then I'd update)?

I don't know if you can inject into the MT card emunand, I've had no success, but as long as you keep a backup of your NAND.BIN and don't format your sysnand until you've got emunand set up, it should retain all your games and stuff.

I could write a guide, I guess, but it was pretty much what that one guy said.

Reactions: wprpalmeida

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if you can inject into the MT card emunand, I've had no success, but as long as you keep a backup of your NAND.BIN and don't format your sysnand until you've got emunand set up, it should retain all your games and stuff.

I could write a guide, I guess, but it was pretty much what that one guy said.

I can reflash my sysNAND from the NAND.BIN right? If so, I can just experiment then. Backup the NAND.BIN image, make an image out of my SD card and it all should be exactly as it was, eShop balance and all?

AndrewPH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.classicube.net
XP
Country
United States
I can reflash my sysNAND from the NAND.BIN right? If so, I can just experiment then. Backup the NAND.BIN image, make an image out of my SD card and it all should be exactly as it was, eShop balance and all?

Yeah you can just reflash the sysnand. I mean, I'd definitely try to avoid doing it, because it is dangerous if you run out of charge or cosmic rays cause your SD card to disconnect, but you can do it.

eshop balance is stored on your eshop account, which is tied to something-or-other on your nand. If you don't format your sysnand, your eshop account will already be linked to it, and then if you make an emunand the eshop will be linked there too.

I'd write a guide but I barely know anything about this stuff.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you can just reflash the sysnand. I mean, I'd definitely try to avoid doing it, because it is dangerous if you run out of charge or cosmic rays cause your SD card to disconnect, but you can do it.

eshop balance is stored on your eshop account, which is tied to something-or-other on your nand. If you don't format your sysnand, your eshop account will already be linked to it, and then if you make an emunand the eshop will be linked there too.

I'd write a guide but I barely know anything about this stuff.

Well for one, I bought my 3DS about a week before 9.3.0 came out, so I'm on 9.2.0 with 2 demo games and that's it. Not much to lose with a system format. However, I can't reformat sysnand because I have the update nag.

yunneg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RedNAND - 4.5 (CFW) -> Install .cia's and play Games up to 6.x, run Homebrew-cia's (GameYob, CitrAGB, 3DSNES,...)

So emunand just for legit play only, right? is there any how we could install dev_menu on this emunand? then we won't need MT or GW anymore really?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If we can install and update emnand to 9.4 without a 3ds flashcart theb what's the point of owning flashcart? Why do we need to buy GW or something else? They should close their store and write a tutorial to do that. Bankcrupt. Totally waste of money of customer.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we can install and update emnand to 9.4 without a 3ds flashcart theb what's the point of owning flashcart? Why do we need to buy GW or something else? They should close their store and write a tutorial to do that. Bankcrupt. Totally waste of money of customer.

You can't install CIAs on the emuNand, nor can you have convenient MultiROM options, and have to rely on a buggy CFW to play the limited game selection.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded my 9.2 3ds to 4.5 through the gateway browser exploit, used the MT menu rather than the gateway one, formatted emunand, switched to classic mode (red?), entered systems settings, made sure the firmware started with MT3D, performed a system update (without exiting settings).
My 3DS sysnand is version 4.5, my emunand is MT3D 9.4.0-21E.

I haven't tested eshop or anything yet, but you can update to 9.4 no problem.

I'm kind of an idiot with these things, someone needs to write a full tut for this asap.

I'm on 4.5 with CFW, but I'd love to have a newer emunand so I can play newer games. Too bad there is no way to get from 4.5 to 9.2, but 8.whatever should still work, right?

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I could play region free on my sky3ds with this?

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna update my tutorial with this information. Best way to have a hacked 3DS without owning anything other than a DS flashcart. Despite the CFW being buggy, it will run the majority of games if you spoof firmware on the newer ones. I think a list of 5.x and up games that work spoofed would be a great idea.

Reactions: NoSmokingBandit

AndrewPH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.classicube.net
XP
Country
United States
Gonna update my tutorial with this information. Best way to have a hacked 3DS without owning anything other than a DS flashcart. Despite the CFW being buggy, it will run the majority of games if you spoof firmware on the newer ones. I think a list of 5.x and up games that work spoofed would be a great idea.

Shit, just being able to use 9.4 (& eshop) AND have ninjhax is the bee's knees for me.

xStJimmyx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Can I use the Gateway red card to install Dev Menu on EmuNand created with the MT firmware?
I'm looking a way to install .cia without needing the gateway card to initialice the EmuNand (the flashcard is not mine)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: