Hideo Kojima's new game is called OD, and he calls it "a new form of media"

Hideo Kojima announced his latest project at this year's The Game Awards. Xbox Game Studios is involved with the game, which is titled "OD". While on stage, Kojima explained that OD will use Xbox's cloud technology to create a "unique, immersive, and totally new style of game, a new form of media". Jordan Peele is involved with the game as well, with history directing movies such as "Nope" and "Get Out". Highly-detailed facial capture from stars Sophia Lillis, Hunter Schaffer, and Udo Kier was showcased.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS and XBOX GAME STUDIOS officially announced OD at The Game Awards. World-renowned game creator Hideo Kojima has partnered with Academy Award winning filmmaker Jordan Peele, the acclaimed film director of “Get Out,” “Us,” and “Nope,” who will be one of several talented storytellers involved in the project.

“We are working with Xbox Game Studios and their cloud gaming technology to take on the challenge of creating a very unique, immersive, and totally new style of game – or rather, a new form of media,” said Hideo Kojima, Game Creator and Founder of KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS.

A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME, OD explores the concept of testing your fear threshold, and what it means to OD on fear – while blurring the boundaries of gaming and film. The new teaser for OD also reveals Sophia Lillis (“Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves”), Hunter Schaffer (“Euphoria”) and Udo Kier (“Flesh for Frankenstein”), who will play the lead roles in the upcoming project.

GengarsGhostlyGiggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You'd think his fame would die down and become another bust studio, but I guess fans are loyal..... hell its kept nintendo going recycling the same shit over and over.

As a fan of MGS games, I have tried so many times to complete MGS5 but it became so boring and repetitive and it felt like the worse game out of them all.

I have tried many times to complete Death Stranding and again another over hyped boring repetitive game.

I have no interest in DS 2, this looks like its going to be another over hyped title with Microsoft been desperate to win over Sony and looks like they think Kojima is the man.

Don't know why Kojima is so fixated on using real actors all the time, surely this makes production more expensive having to mo cap them... its also lazy, doesn't he know any animators with creativity.

Look how shit it worked out for LA NIOR, which could have been a decent game if it wasn't ruined with the constant crap acting and facials that just made it feel so unnatural.

I got the same feel with DS and it annoyed me even more with over rated Norman redus' annoying facial expressions all of the time.

I have little faith for what ever this project turns out to be, not looking bright either having Microsoft running it, nothing has ever worked out well when studios have Microsoft involved, its a company that sees money only and still hasn't figured out how to make games and consoles.
Ah you make a lot of good points about LA Noire and microsoft.
Microsoft ruins everything it touches(super annoyed about paid security updates for windows going forward).

LA Noire, should have really been a more fun game.
I definitely think we need LESS hollywood actors in videogames, after all it's a videogame!

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Kinect sucked ass, your opinion is just wrong because if it was great it will still exist. The games for it were terrible. I can't imagine anyone over 5 enjoying them.
Cmon man ,it continued until the xbox one.it might not suits you.prolly a vr guy .

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think Kojima is very similar to M. Night Shyamalan, they made something brilliant in the past, but never got to replay the feat. Both got very boring, fast!

RGP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Ahh yes, announcing games in pre-production, fr why don't they announce them when they have something worth of showing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye