Hideo Kojima's new game is called OD, and he calls it "a new form of media"

Hideo Kojima announced his latest project at this year's The Game Awards. Xbox Game Studios is involved with the game, which is titled "OD". While on stage, Kojima explained that OD will use Xbox's cloud technology to create a "unique, immersive, and totally new style of game, a new form of media". Jordan Peele is involved with the game as well, with history directing movies such as "Nope" and "Get Out". Highly-detailed facial capture from stars Sophia Lillis, Hunter Schaffer, and Udo Kier was showcased.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS and XBOX GAME STUDIOS officially announced OD at The Game Awards. World-renowned game creator Hideo Kojima has partnered with Academy Award winning filmmaker Jordan Peele, the acclaimed film director of “Get Out,” “Us,” and “Nope,” who will be one of several talented storytellers involved in the project.

“We are working with Xbox Game Studios and their cloud gaming technology to take on the challenge of creating a very unique, immersive, and totally new style of game – or rather, a new form of media,” said Hideo Kojima, Game Creator and Founder of KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS.

A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME, OD explores the concept of testing your fear threshold, and what it means to OD on fear – while blurring the boundaries of gaming and film. The new teaser for OD also reveals Sophia Lillis (“Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves”), Hunter Schaffer (“Euphoria”) and Udo Kier (“Flesh for Frankenstein”), who will play the lead roles in the upcoming project.

GengarsGhostlyGiggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
not interested at all after looking at that casting.

also death stranding is infuriating because the engine was solid, the gunplay good, but the mechanics of delivery was annoying as hell. It should have been a minor gameplay not the main one. Also the rain destroying my bridges got super annoying.

hybori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When you give a film buff too much freedom and this is what you get. Pass.

On an another note that trailer had me laughing a little too much. Reminded me of old srange Playstation ads, If Kojima wanted us to laugh at how weird his games has been lately, it's definitely working

Reactions: Reploid

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xbox exclusive? Nope.

So you have no Xbox or PC capable of playing it? Outside of those two things, I don't see why a game being exclusive to Xbox (or anything else) would be the deciding factor to play a game or not. I mean are you also like "Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. Nintendo exclusives? Nope."?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what innovation is and entails...

Doing something original and trying to innovate it's always something good

While trying to innovate is a good thing, it doesn't automatically mean that the thing you created is good. There have been plenty of inventions that sucked for example.

Like just for example Xbox came up with Kinect which was original you could voice to turn on your Xbox and you could move your body and the sensor would read it. It never had been done before but now it doesn't exist anymore because it sucked.

You're blindly stating that because it's original it's going to be good and you have no idea yet. Have you in game footage? No. Just some faces talking.

Reactions: boot3 and Ligeia

Dontuuch17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have no Xbox or PC capable of playing it? Outside of those two things, I don't see why a game being exclusive to Xbox (or anything else) would be the deciding factor to play a game or not. I mean are you also like "Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. Nintendo exclusives? Nope."?
No I don't. Unless I get a dirt cheap xbox or a friend has it, then nope it is.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
Waltz, bad nymph, for quick jigs vex.
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.
How vexingly quick daft zebras jump!
Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.

When will Hideo Kojima finally admit he isn't really interested in making games and just straight out make a movie and be done with it?

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
While trying to innovate is a good thing, it doesn't automatically mean that the thing you created is good. There have been plenty of inventions that sucked for example.

Like just for example Xbox came up with Kinect which was original you could voice to turn on your Xbox and you could move your body and the sensor would read it. It never had been done before but now it doesn't exist anymore because it sucked.

You're blindly stating that because it's original it's going to be good and you have no idea yet. Have you in game footage? No. Just some faces talking.

nop., i just said innovation is good. I never talked about the end product.

Innovation by itself is good, and pretty rare these days.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've enjoyed what both of these gentlemen have done so I'm looking forward to whatever this new form of media ends up being. The teaser looks intriguing.

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love Jordan Peele so a collaboration between him and Hideo Kojima will be interesting to see.

But the whole "cloud technology" thing is giving me bad vibes..

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania

While you are right in concept.you sucked big time with your example .kinect was no flop.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd think his fame would die down and become another bust studio, but I guess fans are loyal..... hell its kept nintendo going recycling the same shit over and over.

As a fan of MGS games, I have tried so many times to complete MGS5 but it became so boring and repetitive and it felt like the worse game out of them all.

I have tried many times to complete Death Stranding and again another over hyped boring repetitive game.

I have no interest in DS 2, this looks like its going to be another over hyped title with Microsoft been desperate to win over Sony and looks like they think Kojima is the man.

Don't know why Kojima is so fixated on using real actors all the time, surely this makes production more expensive having to mo cap them... its also lazy, doesn't he know any animators with creativity.

Look how shit it worked out for LA NIOR, which could have been a decent game if it wasn't ruined with the constant crap acting and facials that just made it feel so unnatural.

I got the same feel with DS and it annoyed me even more with over rated Norman redus' annoying facial expressions all of the time.

I have little faith for what ever this project turns out to be, not looking bright either having Microsoft running it, nothing has ever worked out well when studios have Microsoft involved, its a company that sees money only and still hasn't figured out how to make games and consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol