Hidden Palace releases over 300 Wii and Xbox 360 prototypes, preserving seventh generation gaming history

300px-Project_Deluge_Logo.png

Merry Leakmas. Following the deluge of leaks, Hidden Palace's Project Deluge has seen a major update, in the form of over 300 video game prototypes being dumped and preserved. The collection consists of 206 Xbox 360 prototypes and 114 Nintendo Wii prototypes, with Hidden Palace announcing that they are now accepting 360 submissions as well. Included in the massive dump of titles are early builds of games such as Okami, Dead Rising, Sonic Unleashed, No More Heroes, and plenty more, some of which are quite early in-development builds.

Continuing with our efforts with Project Deluge, today we present 207 Microsoft Xbox 360 prototypes and 114 Nintendo Wii prototypes! While there aren’t as many unreleased games in this part of the lot, there were many early builds of many games this time around.

:arrow: Source

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What Wii need is the prototype of Donkey Kong Barrel Blast that actually uses the DK Bongos instead of the Wiimote. The released game is broken without DK Bongos support. Wii also need the infamous and unreleased Star Wars game that used Wii Motion Plus that got pulled only due to licensing issues.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life As a King, that game was a Wiiware game (that I still love), yet it's presented here as a prototype in an .iso file. Since I forward to it from my Wii U menu, because it's a wiiware game it has to be installed to the vWii home menu, which I'm sure many of you are aware does not have a lot of space to hold titles. So if I can instead turn My Life as a King from a Wii .iso to a title launchable directly from the Wii U menu with no need to take up any space on my vWii menu, that would be pretty huge for me, as there are a few other titles I'd like to put on my Wii menu instead but have run out of space (and I don't like using the Wii sd card sub menu thing, that's such a silly solution of moving titles between the (v)Wii NAND and SD card so that your (v)Wii could have more digital title "installed" than what the system was only ever meant to hold.

Aserl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Wii need is the prototype of Donkey Kong Barrel Blast that actually uses the DK Bongos instead of the Wiimote. The released game is broken without DK Bongos support. Wii also need the infamous and unreleased Star Wars game that used Wii Motion Plus that got pulled only due to licensing issues.
This is the one time I actually agree with you

Reactions: SylverReZ

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day we'll see one come out.
I think before then, we'll see someone patch the game to be playable with GameCube controllers and then someone finding a decent way to map the inputs to the Bongo controllers. Feasibly that should already be possible, as I recall some Wii game was patched by modders to be playable with GameCube controllers despite it never being an officially supported control method for the game. If i recall though, such a mod needs to be done on a per-game basis, there is no quick dirty way to implement the same GameCube controller enabled controls from any one Wii game to another.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

1673756163012.png

What kind of a lonely loser gets "angry" at my comment above?

Anyone know where PopcornSweetie's gofundme page to pay for anger management training is? I mean if DK Bongos support for a Wii game sets him off, I hope he isn't a gunowner.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 347458

Anyone know where PopcornSweetie's gofundme page to pay for anger management training is? I mean if DK Bongos support for a Wii game sets him off, I hope he isn't a gunowner.
Sometimes, it's funny to see people react like this over a reaction. 🤣
Be grateful that i liked your post at least.

Please grow up kiddo.

(and no, i don't need "anger management training")

Deleted member 610824

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

The fact that you replied to your message half a month later because someone dared to not like your message, I'm sorry but you're the lonely one here. What's the point of getting so mad at someone for an emoji. At least it gave you 1XP lol

• Haha
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good