Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

Cliftin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to set up a little known controller I have, the tester gave me all the correct values it seems, but the actual hid to vpad app only detects it as Mouse/Keyboard (it has 3 different modes including one that acts as a mouse and keyboard arrow keys), no matter what mode it's in. So when I actually use it, A instead of functioning as A, now functions as ZL. I was going to try to just figure out mappings by changing them to what the app saw them as but ZL and L becomes DPad left and I think they're on separate positions. Any ideas on what I could do?

nintendouser

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I have a problem with loading the switchpro.ini file. When ever I load it it gives my wiiu a black screen and crashes it. I was wondering if anyone could help?

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to set up a little known controller I have, the tester gave me all the correct values it seems, but the actual hid to vpad app only detects it as Mouse/Keyboard (it has 3 different modes including one that acts as a mouse and keyboard arrow keys), no matter what mode it's in. So when I actually use it, A instead of functioning as A, now functions as ZL. I was going to try to just figure out mappings by changing them to what the app saw them as but ZL and L becomes DPad left and I think they're on separate positions. Any ideas on what I could do?
2. Gamepad button remapping
The controller patcher provides support for remapping the gamepad buttons. To identify the config for the gamepad, use this as the first line:

[gamepad]
Try and see if this does anything.

Last edited by Gamer4647,

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried it on Splatoon again. Started with a recon on Mahi Mahi Resort again, then one match in turf war. Exactly like last time, but no crash on returning to the plaza. Weird.

Edit: Did it in the Plaza again, but this time from Octo Valley. Funny thing is it did this after I switched back to HDMI output instead of AV. It's always when the inklings are being loaded into the plaza when it crashes.

zizololrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has anyone managed to configure this control that appears in the image to make it work?
url

Attachments

• P_20170407_110340.jpg
    P_20170407_110340.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 258

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone managed to configure this control that appears in the image to make it work?
url
I haven't configured that controller since I don't have it. You'd have to make a config file yourself using the guide and the HID-TEST program if it doesn't work by default. The pid and vid values that need to be entered into the new config file are unique(?) for each controller, and you'll have to note down the values that are used for each button. The HID-TEST program and the guide provides you with all the information you need. I can't really help with actually making it.

WiinerMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First off let me just say that this is a great application and I really appreciate all the work behind it. My problem is that when I try to load up any N64 VC game they freeze on the loadup screen the majority of the time, it has worked the odd time but in mario kart 64 it froze instantly when a race began. I have tested it with SNES, NES and some retail wiiu games all of which have worked very well so far. Wiiu eshop games seem to be hit and miss as chasing aurora worked but Shantae and the pirates curse freezes. I am loading from an external hard drive but have tried from the system memory with the same result. Controller used is the official GC adapter and have tried the latest nightly build and stable build. I have included the log which should hopefully detail the crashes and any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    611.3 KB · Views: 269

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to remap the buttons if using a wired Xbox 360 controller? MK8 has A for throttle & ZR for drift, what do I do to swap them around?
I think you can swap them if you make a config file for your controller with just a few buttons remapped, instead of assigning all of them when adding a new controller. The guide will help you with that.

Is Smash freezing for everyone or just me? I tried the latest stable release as well as the latest nightly.
It has freezing tendencies. Keep retrying then it'll play just fine.
I think game crashes are an issue for several/most games. Splatoon has a tendency to freeze straight after returning to the plaza. Apart from that, it works fine from what I've tried so far.

Does nothing. Functions exactly the same as before.
Which controller is it?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
I released version v0.9h

Changelog:
- Fixed the configuration of the keyboard
- Fixing the wrong checking of bitmasks. Now configure button combination should work.
- Disable button logging because it leads to random crashes.
- Fixed using multiple controllers of the same type (same vid/pid).
- Changed the network protocol to response with PONG after a received PING.
- Now the lib tries to mount the SD Card on each start until it actually works (This should fix the config reading problems some people have.)
- Switched to devkitpro r29
- Updated the TCP Handshake to also negotiate a protocol version.
- Fixed pre-defined values for xinput and ds4
- Changed datatypes in order to fix "no controller config found" issues with many config files

tl;dr: Fixed crashes, config handling and serveral bugs

Download: here

This version requires the Network Client v0.3 (https://github.com/QuarkTheAwesome/HIDtoVPADNetworkClient/releases/tag/v0.3)

Thanks to anybody for testing and reporting bugs.

WiinerMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I tested the new build and sadly it still rarely gets into any N64 game. The one time I did manage to get into Mario kart 64 it I was able to race fine with no sign of freezes. shantae and the pirates curse freezes on home button press. Included the log with the new crashes. Thanks for all your hard work once again :)

Attachments

• logs.zip
    604.2 KB · Views: 216

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I tested the new build and sadly it still rarely gets into any N64 game. The one time I did manage to get into Mario kart 64 it I was able to race fine with no sign of freezes. shantae and the pirates curse freezes on home button press. Included the log with the new crashes. Thanks for all your hard work once again :)

Could you check if the crashes still happen with the newest nightly? If not, please provide the new logs!

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @Maschell
I'm translating your app to spanish, it is practically done, i think i will have to resize or move some phrases because they are bigger than in english.
But i'm compiling it (i had to download new controller_patcher with new folders and 5,6 files not 26) but it gave me an error:
C:\Users\la\Desktop\hid_to_vpad-master>make
Application.cpp
In file included from c:/Users/la/Desktop/hid_to_vpad-master/src/controller_patcher/./patcher/ControllerPatcherHID.hpp:34:0,
from c:/Users/la/Desktop/hid_to_vpad-master/src/controller_patcher/ControllerPatcher.hpp:32,
from c:/Users/la/Desktop/hid_to_vpad-master/src/menu/InputGetterMenu.h:20,
from c:/Users/la/Desktop/hid_to_vpad-master/src/menu/MainWindow.h:26,
from c:/Users/la/Desktop/hid_to_vpad-master/src/Application.h:21,
from c:/Users/la/Desktop/hid_to_vpad-master/src/Application.cpp:18:
c:/Users/la/Desktop/hid_to_vpad-master/src/controller_patcher/./patcher/./ControllerPatcherUtils.hpp:258:97: error: 'WPADReadData' has not been declared
static CONTROLLER_PATCHER_RESULT_OR_ERROR translateToProWPADRead(VPADData * vpad_buffer,WPADReadData * pro_buffer);
^
make[1]: *** [Application.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
How Can I solve it?
And if i got it working, i open an issue on GitHub, pull request...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: