Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower I am you.

Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I don't go map findin' behindin'
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/gc-to-v...e-gamecube-adapter.398074/page-4#post-6216627
    I think the jury is still out on input lag, imo.

TeconMoon likes this.
  2. xJubeix

xJubeix Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2016
    Venezuela
    Hello! I'm new here o/ I was trying this to use my PS2 controller on the wiiu, but it doesn't seem to recognize my adapter (a PS1/PS2 to USB one like the one in the picture) Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I've tried all the ports anyhow, thank you very much for your hard work!

3. Ashell

Ashell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    Finally got to try this with CoD Blops 2. Not optimal key binding to play. Maybe you could make a binding when F2 is pressed.

R-stick = Aim --> mouse
    L-stick = Move/strafe --> ASDW
    X = Jump / Mantle --> space
    A = Switch Weapon --> mouse wheel + or -
    R-Stick button = Knife --> V
    L-Stick button = Sprint --> shift
    ZR = Shoot --> mouse 1
    R = Throw grenade --> G
    L = Throw special grenade --> E
    +/start = Menu / Options / Switch Class
    -/menu = Scoreboard --> tab
    Y = Crouch / Prone --> Z
    ZL = ADS --> mouse 2
    hold B = Interact --> (see below)
    B = Reload --> R or F or both
    D-pad UP = turbine --> Q

The biggest issue is mouse 2 IMO because when you press it you just hold a grenade till you die. And, I haven't played enough to know what the d-pad does if anything. Could just do 1,2,3,4 for D-pad U,R,D,L

Last edited by Ashell, May 11, 2016
  4. ChrisN8

ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2015
    France
    I have some questions
    is there a way to prevent the screen of the gamepad to turn off ?
    is it possible to make a arcade stick for ps3/pc to work with the wii U ? I try with mine but no success.

Last edited by ChrisN8, May 11, 2016
    VinsCool likes this.
  5. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven Do good, be good. Let's fight injustice together.

Nov 26, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I have noticed something- if playing continuously on Shovel Night with a GameCube controller, the screen eventually dims. Is there a way to make it not do that and not go into sleep mode? And turn off the Gamepad screen?

6. Whatnoww

Whatnoww GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2016
    Canada
    I'm assuming this will launch perfectly fine on 5.5.1 also through Homebrew Launcher?

7. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Disabling screen burn protection on system settings.

Last edited by OriginalHamster, May 12, 2016
    SirBeethoven likes this.
  8. innovalol

innovalol Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2016
    Argentina
    with my wii u 5.5.1, after loading the vid with homebrew and running the lastest loadiine cx2, the games won't launch (Mario tennis for example)

Update: After enabling the HID in the loadiine options, it works perfect! now waiting for the second controller support so I stop using a wiimote for mario tennis & smash :D

many thanks for this plugin, let me know when I can be of help.

Last edited by innovalol, May 12, 2016
  9. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven Do good, be good. Let's fight injustice together.

Nov 26, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Would there be a better way to fix this? Like adding some code to HID to VPAD that inmpliemnts detection that the user is not idle?

10. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    That did the trick! Thanks.

11. AdmiralToucan

AdmiralToucan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2016
    Canada
    Best homebrew ever. I wish something like this existed for the 3DS

lordelan likes this.
  12. Maschell
    OP

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Hey, (I dont know where I should post this, lol)
    I decided to take a bigger break from the WiiU Scene, at least as a developer. The last couple of months I spent a lot of time (maybe too much) into it, but I should really focus again on my "real life".
    Every project I started seems to be pretty stable now (JNUSTool, Saviine, Hid to VPAD, and serval loadiine features), and I'll try to keep the support for them. This includes updating the updatetitles.csv for JNUSTool, adding some new devices for HID-to-VPAD or basicly fix some bugs (maybe it can take a bit longer now).
    But currently I dont have the time/motivation anymore to add major features. Anyway, I would really like to see someone to grab the HID-to-VPAD project and do the stuff I planned to do. Especially the support for mutiple controllers or basicly just config files.
    Finally I want to make a big shoutout to @dimok. Thanks for everything dude! Without you I would've never done so much (and so good). I could learn a lot of things from your code, and ask you everything. Even though sometimes my code was still "completly crap" :P

I don't know, maybe I'm fully back in like 2 weeks, but for now I can't see this stuff anymore (Topic in our IRC channel "<dimok> man coding for wiiu sucks" ;)) Though I still have some other ideas I never finshed, like a simple screenshot function (+ attemp to make a simple video recoder), button remapping (For normal controls + HIDtoVPAD), downloading updates directly on the console etc. Hopefully I will come back soon and finish them ;)

btw.
    I added a donation button to the first post. I coded these tools because it was really fun and a challenge for me, not to earn any money. But if you want to support me and like what I did, feel free to leave a little gift ;)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can you test if the wavebird is still broken?
    https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/releases

13. Kirtai

Kirtai GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2016
    Would it be practical to get a Logitech G25 steering wheel working with this? Force feedback would be a nice bonus :)

14. dimok

dimok GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2009
    United States
    Haha you are always welcome man. It was/is always very fun on IRC. You are a quick learner and got into C/C++ very quick, respect on that. Btw I have to thank you too as you did quite a lot of stuff for me too, so thanks. Though I know what you mean. Its not always fun to code for WiiU and sometimes some user comments make it even harder. Anyway I hope your motivation for it will get back some time soon, so we can do some more "crappy code" together :D. I will donate you something as I really think you earned it.

Last edited by dimok, May 12, 2016
    lordelan, fiveighteen and Maschell like this.
  15. OriginalHamster

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    It's working now :D
    Could you add Wii U "-" button as "Z+start"?
    Never though I actually you could need minus, until I played Starfox Zero :P

As the Home button being a sensible button it could be mapped as the "start+B+X" combo (it was the official Nintendo reset shortcut on Gamecube :)) Not sure if it's working outside Gamepad though.

Last edited by OriginalHamster, May 12, 2016
  16. Maschell
    OP

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Minus should be Z+Start?

17. OriginalHamster

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I think it should, it's like a secondary start, also Z in Gamecube is already working as shift key, so we should use that, IMO.

18. Maschell
    OP

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I mean its alreadys implemented

19. OriginalHamster

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    It is? nvm, I'm dumb :P

20. Phil5004

Phil5004 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 6, 2015
    Germany
    I've just wanted to test my Keyboard any my Mouse on the Wii U.. the Keybord works fine but my Mouse .. If I move it It will connect with the ZR button and if I move my Mouse I'll shoot in Splatoon for example

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted