Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
Dark Blade said:
Glory of Heracles has this problem...

Well, it's a pretty bad game anyways.

No. its a great game with a title that is deceptive in making it seem like a fodderish game when in actual fact its a superb story game with a great battle system and graphics

on topic:

I think the only game iv truely liked a silent main character is link i mean can you imagine the next zelda game on wii and right at the start link is like "you know i could really use a sword and shield" and every zelda fan in the world including me would be like
wtf.gif

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Terenigma said:
Hells Malice said:
Dark Blade said:
Glory of Heracles has this problem...

Well, it's a pretty bad game anyways.

No. its a great game with a title that is deceptive in making it seem like a fodderish game when in actual fact its a superb story game with a great battle system and graphics

on topic:

I think the only game iv truely liked a silent main character is link i mean can you imagine the next zelda game on wii and right at the start link is like "you know i could really use a sword and shield" and every zelda fan in the world including me would be like
wtf.gif

yeah i agree, glory of heracles is an awesome game but the interesting-ness switches on and off, but mostly on

on topic:
can mario be considered a silent hero? okay , so he says stuff like "its me mario" but he never speaks in full sentence to anyone aside from luigi!

kingkonghong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the silent heroes I was talking about was not ALL quiet MC's in general, but the MC's in games like GoH, DQ, and such where the hero's inability to express himself just ruins the story and overall gaming/role-playing experience.

Link and Mario are . . . come on . . . the games they're in is not a RPG, and if you think it is an RPG, it isn't story oriented, its all gameplay.

I just want the game developers to change the mute, senseless, and no personality hero in games.

And to all you "silent heroes make for better role play" I honestly don't get you.

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate main characters that talk because they're typically annoying little fucks that act completely contrary to what I do when I control them in all the cutscenes. If they don't open their fat gob I can at least pretend the character is only going along with the story because he has to.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The silent characters do talk.... they just don't voice it or write anything on the screen....

I mean when you go up to a NPC and he asked you what happened he doesn't know by guessing.

kingkonghong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
referencer said:
I hate main characters that talk because they're typically annoying little fucks that act completely contrary to what I do when I control them in all the cutscenes. If they don't open their fat gob I can at least pretend the character is only going along with the story because he has to.

So you hate games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chrono Trigger. I love Crono's silentness. Actually, they talk, like, when they nod, or shake, they actually say stuff and explain stuff, but I'm guessing it doesn't show, maybe to avoid long conversations.

Also, I remember a part in Chrono Trigger where Crono doesn't talk. As in, Lucca actually says something like "Why aren't saying anything you idiot?"

rpspartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxRAG3 said:
God I fucking love Chrono Trigger, if only Crono actually fucking said something once in a while

There is actually a secret ending where marle and lucca are comparing the looks of the male charecthers. well at the end chrono yells at them that they need get on with the games ending.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kingkonghong said:
Well, the silent heroes I was talking about was not ALL quiet MC's in general, but the MC's in games like GoH, DQ, and such where the hero's inability to express himself just ruins the story and overall gaming/role-playing experience.

Link and Mario are . . . come on . . . the games they're in is not a RPG, and if you think it is an RPG, it isn't story oriented, its all gameplay.

I just want the game developers to change the mute, senseless, and no personality hero in games.

And to all you "silent heroes make for better role play" I honestly don't get you.
what are you talking about how about Super Mario RPG? the Paper Mario series? Mario & Luigi on the handhelds? those arent RPGs? someone hasnt been paying much attention...also Zelda 2:adventure of link was an rpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries