Hacking Hi I'm new :) Need a little help...!

MassDestruct

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As above :lol:

I've just bought a Nintendo Ds Lite (2nd hand from ebay) mainly to play Pokemon games (Childhood memories!:wub: .)

I've had a good read through the stickys which have been a big help (thanks!)

But I just can't decided which flashcard to go for.. I'm based in the UK (so looking for a legitimate site to order from) , I don't have a huge amount to spend (about £25 which is approx $38.43 USD), I would prefer to just have something that is 'plug in and play' (basically not too much effort on my part) is that possible? , I like the thought of being able to cheat as well :lol:

I know my post has probably made me sound as if I'm thick as pig poo but I'm pretty good with things like this usually - I do my own software / hardware repairs on my laptop and desktop ... I think I've just given myself a bit of ' Information overload' :wacko:

Thanks in advance!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

aalokishere

Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
If it's only for a DS lite, most flashcarts will do. If you want the best get the DSTWO(GBA emulation and stuff and litele over budget) or you can get an R4i gold from r4ids.cn(cheaper).
Also older flashcarts if you have any around will work(you will have to get RGF's updates though)
Most are plug and play after the firmware's installation.
Cheats work in nearly all of the flashcarts.

Reactions: Alisa Tresierra

TheRedfox

blep
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian's silly copypastes xP
But still DSTwo is the best to get, but most flashcarts will play all ds games so even a acekard/r4igold will do

MassDestruct

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All modern carts are plug and play and all do cheats.

One big concern, though, is 3DS firmware updates.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/why-was-my-cart-blocked-how-do-i-unblock-it-firmware-update.315784/

And this is why the DSTwo is the best cart to get, unless you plan to never update your 3DS and never play 3DS games on it (in which case you might as well be using a DS).

The DS I bought is a Nintendo DS LITE , I don't intend to buy a 3DS any time soon.... I like the sound of the DSTwo but it's a little out of my budget (unless someone can suggest any sites that ship to the UK) I've been going towards the AceKard but I have absloutely no idea on which sites are legit or not? and whether the Acekard would be a good buy or not.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS I bought is a Nintendo DS LITE , I don't intend to buy a 3DS any time soon.... I like the sound of the DSTwo but it's a little out of my budget (unless someone can suggest any sites that ship to the UK) I've been going towards the AceKard but I have absloutely no idea on which sites are legit or not? and whether the Acekard would be a good buy or not.
Even though you have a DS Lite, I would not suggest an AceKard, they have horrible contact issues and have no support from the company that makes them anymore. Like I said in my other post, go for the R4i Gold 3DS. It has great support from this community, and if you ever do get a 3DS, you'll be ready to go.

Reactions: MassDestruct

MassDestruct

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Even though you have a DS Lite, I would not suggest an AceKard, they have horrible contact issues and have no support from the company that makes them anymore. Like I said in my other post, go for the R4i Gold 3DS. It has great support from this community, and if you ever do get a 3DS, you'll be ready to go.

Thank you :)

Apart from the site you posted above is there any more that are "trusted" here?
I'm looking for fairly quick delivery to the UK.

Thanks for all the help (So quick too!)

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you :)

Apart from the site you posted above is there any more that are "trusted" here?
I'm looking for fairly quick delivery to the UK.

Thanks for all the help (So quick too!)
zhuzhuchina.com is also a good international seller, most who have ordered (including UK & US) have said they've gotten their order in only a few days.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

I've used http://www.cheapr4i.com/r4i-gold-3ds-rts-for-3ds-3ds-xl-v51011-and-dsi-v145-p-184.html on more than one occasion without any probs.

Dunno if the code ilove3ds on the checkout page still applies for a 10% discount, but if you decide to use them, apply the code to see.

MassDestruct

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used http://www.cheapr4i.com/r4i-gold-3ds-rts-for-3ds-3ds-xl-v51011-and-dsi-v145-p-184.html on more than one occasion without any probs.

Dunno if the code ilove3ds on the checkout page still applies for a 10% discount, but if you decide to use them, apply the code to see.

Hi!!
I was just about to ask about cheapr4i.com and how other people got on with them... I'm looking at this:

http://www.cheapr4i.com/r4i-gold-3ds-r4igoldeu-card-with-8gb-microsd-card-p-241.html

Seems a pretty reasonable price and if they ship fast sounds brilliant :)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hi!!
I was just about to ask about cheapr4i.com and how other people got on with them... I'm looking at this:

http://www.cheapr4i.com/r4i-gold-3ds-r4igoldeu-card-with-8gb-microsd-card-p-241.html

cheapR4i i know a few people in the UK and have used and is fine but the card you have chosen is far from fine

this is the one you want
http://www.cheapr4i.com/r4i-gold-3ds-rts-for-3ds-3ds-xl-v51011-and-dsi-v145-p-184.html

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi!!

That's a clone.
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get
Pay attention to the site very carefully. r4i-gold.eu is not r4ids.cn

These things come from China, people will rip off eachother's names.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I thought that was the one I picked.. just with a memory card too>?

no the one you picked was a R4i Gold EU card, not a R4i Gold R4ids.cn, the manufactures & slight name change make all the difference

as the R4ids.cn team card are officially supported by wood, so if you want good game compatibility thats what you want

memory cards are cheaper if you just buy one from amazon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2