Heroes game for the DS.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Zane, Apr 11, 2009.

Apr 11, 2009

Heroes game for the DS. by Zane at 11:29 PM (973 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Zane
    OP

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Anyone else here think they should make a Heroes of Might and Magic game for the DS. I recently started playing Heroes 5 and 3 again.

And remembered that they made some for the GBC (which were rather good actually).

i think the series would be great for the DS.

Anyone else here that likes the series, and would like to see it on the DS?

2. Ball_Buster

Newcomer Ball_Buster Newbie

Spain
    Yeah, I also love the series. It would be great a Heroes III port on DS. In fact, I think some spanish buddy was trying to port the game itself, but I guess he didn't finish the work at all [​IMG]

Ah, I found it:

Heroes DS

As you can see in the video, the port is still in pre-pre-alpha version, haha. It seems the game is a mix between Heroes II & Heroes III. The last post in the blog is dated May 2007, so you can imagine the project is probably cancelled. There's nothing more interesting in the blog...

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    You could probably give the two Might & Magic cell phone games a shot in Pstros NDS. From what I hear, they had good reviews.

4. EliteKill

Member EliteKill GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm still playing Heroes III fro time to time, almost 10 years after its release.... I always thought how awesome a port for the DS would have been.... Too bad the last post on that blog (which looks awesome) wasin July 2007.... Maybe a Spanish-speaker can contact him...

5. Gerinych

Member Gerinych GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    The third one was the best one.

Also, I played Might and Magic for cellphones on a computer, gotta say it's not the same as HoMM. It's more like Might and Magic series, there's a difference.

6. Ball_Buster

Newcomer Ball_Buster Newbie

Spain
    Yeah, unfortunately, Might & Magic and Heroes of M&M only are similar in the world on wich they're based. One is an pure RPG, and the other is a strategy game combined with some RPG characteristics.

I'm spanish, but that's not so important when there are no way to contact with the author, haha. I've searched in the blog and i've found nothing to contact with him, nor email neither another web or blog... Sorry guys. Hope Ubisoft port the game...

Oh, and if you didn't tried the new King's Bounty: The Legend, what are you waiting for??? IMO, it's a better game than the actual HoM&M V. In fact, I think it's the spiritual successor of the series. Katauri Interactive did a good job there, yeah.

7. Zane
    OP

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Actually King's Bounty came out before the Heroes series (the heroes series is based on it) I played it, but i didn't like the real time movement of the enemies.

And yeah i'm currently playing both the GBC games on lameboy. Not the same thing though.