Hacking Hermes 223 not loading, have details please help

theaussie2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've modded 3 different Wii's successfully then I saw Monster Hunter 3 needs cios 223 38 merged 37, but i didn't see that option on hermes install v5 (I now know it's only on version 4), so when I installed hermes again I selected 38 as the base instead of 249.... then i chose 223 merged with 37. Whenever I choose cios 223 now to boot games the screen goes black as if 223 is broken. I think I may have screwed either 223 or 38 up. Is there a way to reinstall a normal 38 or fix this problem? Thanks a lot.

theaussie2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well I accidentally chose ios 38 to install to rather than ios 249... and now ios 223 doesn't work. 222 works fine, so I'm thinking I need to restore ios 38 back to it's original setting or something to fix this... but I'm unsure.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just a note: the installer IOS is only used for installation purposes. It isn't changed in any way, so restoring ios 38 won't be needed (and is very not advised).

Hermes's cIOS installer can simply overwrite any already installed cIOS in that slot, regardless of the version (except maybe stubs...but that's not relevant here). So just run the installer for v4 again, and install what tattar8 mentioned.
smile.gif

theaussie2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I thought about doing that and tried to with version 5, but I'll try overriding it again as if I were reinstalling hermes and post back when I have the time to do this. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up