Henkaku enso 3.60 installed years ago do I need to update for retroarch?

Hi-Dro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I put Henkaku enso 3.60 on my vita way back in 2017 mainly for using adrenaline for ps one only games and it still works perfect for this.
Recently I have decided I want to turn this into a full retro system using retroarch.
Can I use retro arch on enso 3.60 or do I have to update to 3.65 or whatever?
I have no interest in playing new vita games I only want to play 8-16 bit games and maybe try the n64 emu.
I can't really be bothered to do all the new hacks that are out there like H-encore if it's not really necessary for what I want to use it for.

If it's okay to stay on 3.60 I will most likely need to update a few things.
when I open molecule it says "Built on: 2017-07-29"
do I need to update this ?
Should I update Adrenaline ?
and I'm on vitashell 1.76 but cannot update via the auto update function?

Once I have updated these things will retroarch and the Daedalus n64 emu work on 3.60?

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I put Henkaku enso 3.60 on my vita way back in 2017 mainly for using adrenaline for ps one only games and it still works perfect for this.
Recently I have decided I want to turn this into a full retro system using retroarch.
Can I use retro arch on enso 3.60 or do I have to update to 3.65 or whatever?

Once I have updated these things will retroarch and the Daedalus n64 emu work on 3.60?

Everything works on 3.60. I'm really not sure why people are on fw 3.65 or higher... maybe online (I don't go online).

RetroArch works great, but will need some initial setup. Some snes needs overclock and the right core to be smooth.

Daedelus64 works really great now (not all games) many are wide screen

Last edited by Anderxale,

Hi-Dro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Everything works on 3.60. I'm really not sure why people are on fw 3.65 or higher... maybe online (I don't go online).

RetroArch works great, but and will need some initial setup. Some snes needs overclock and the right core to be smooth.

Daedelus64 works really great now (not all games) many are wide screen
brilliant !!
So probably I don't need to update anything then? just install retroarch and fiddle with the settings, I'm quite familiar with retro arch on 3DS but I like the way the psvita has the art work in the playlists.
I'll probably try to update vita shell though.

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brilliant !!
So probably I don't need to update anything then? just install retroarch and fiddle with the settings, I'm quite familiar with retro arch on 3DS but I like the way the psvita has the art work in the playlists.
I'll probably try to update vita shell though.

Getting the box artwork or screenshots to show with games takes a little doing. You need to install the games databases yourself. (Sounds like you are ok in vitashell) I couldn't figure it out the first time using a written guide, I used a YouTube person.

Pretty easy explanation

Yeah no update needed

Reactions: Hi-Dro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over