Hacking Helping a n00b: Backup Launcher

Smashchu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I'm new to this Homebrew stuff so I was hoping someone could help me.

My problem is with the Backup Launcher (have Wii Gator). I was able to install (if that's the correct word) two of the three files, but not the first one (the clos one). It mentioned reinstalling it, but I don't know how. I can run US game, but nothing else. So, I ask

1)How do I reinstall the Backup Launcher

2)Anything important that I should no.

3)Anything I should know to prevent damage to my Wii

4)Will update harm my Wii if I have the homebrew?

Thanks in advance

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you gotta have a cios other than that.
1)the same way you installed it in the first place?
2)look around here for guides to what you wanna know so you KNOW what you are doing.
3)3.2U system menu, star fall hacks, and twilight hack save on your internal memory with a working copy of Zelda(wii version).
4) DON'T DO THAT! ever you might regret it.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smashchu said:
Ok. But, if I delete the homebrew channel could updates still hurt my Wii?
what i mean is Nintendo makes homebrew harder to do the higher the firmware you go from 3.2 and up.
3.2 is the best firmware and it is compatible with all games(with installation of ios's for those that require them) also you can brick proof it with star fall and twilight hack with no need to install a mod chip to fix it(if you don't have one already that is).
there really is no reason to update passed 3.2 cuz it can do everything that the newer versions can(except slightly faster sd speeds in 3.4) without the homebrew blocking.

Smashchu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
Smashchu said:
Ok. But, if I delete the homebrew channel could updates still hurt my Wii?
what i mean is Nintendo makes homebrew harder to do the higher the firmware you go from 3.2 and up.
3.2 is the best firmware and it is compatible with all games(with installation of ios's for those that require them) also you can brick proof it with star fall and twilight hack with no need to install a mod chip to fix it(if you don't have one already that is).
there really is no reason to update passed 3.2 cuz it can do everything that the newer versions can(except slightly faster sd speeds in 3.4) without the homebrew blocking.
OK, thanks.

Also, anyone know where I can get some of the programs (like cLOS)? Sorry if this is against the forum rules.

Smashchu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
Smashchu said:
Also, anyone know where I can get some of the programs (like cLOS)?
google for the files needed though there are tut's here on how to most everything.
I have. The search comes with everything but the files (typing in the name of the file). Wiibrew does have it either. Not sure where to look. That's why I was hoping someone could lead me to a good site.

........sorry to be difficult.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.