Hacking HELP!

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'm changing the case on my DS "phat" and I'm wasting a enormous amount of my time trying to get it back together. I can't get the hinges to align properly because of the two different sized "Barrels" if you will that are essentially the hinges. I can't figure out if i have them on the wrong side or if I'm doing something wrong. I can get the larger of the two to seat just fine but can't get the 2nd to fit because the snap piece of hinge gets caught on the edge of the "barrel" that is sticking out. Worst idea ever to try and switch out this case....absolute nightmare at the moment. I have a few write ups and a couple of videos but neither really show how to piece together the hinges specifically. I was pretty close to just chucking the entire DS off the wall a few times. Help!

Thanks.

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I say something wrong? No post and no views? I'm really stuck. The tutorials are helping in this regard and I can't get the hinges to work properly. I thought I had it right but when I went to snap the separate piece into the hinge that further covers the ribbon it bumps into a small portion of the hinge that is still stick out. I don't know if I'm putting the hinges in backwards or if I have them on the wrong sides but this is driving me crazy. My one knuckle is raw from dragging across the plastic over and over.

Anyone that can shed any sort of light on this will be greatly appreciated.

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well alright then.....I forced it in there 5000 you dirty (insert several explicit words) later. I guess this place is just dead......or I'm asking the wrong questions. Either way...got my SD card in the mail finally. Firing up the CycloDS Evo sometime this evening.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Good idea. For like 100 bucks, you can get a better DS. Looks nicer, IMO.
biggrin.gif

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All three of those posts were at different times, with the second two a little out of frustration because this post sat there for about 24 hours without any kind of response, all the while I was on the verge of smashing my DS with a sledge hammer. I got the new case on and all is well in the world for now. I will be buying a DS lite but got the Phat from my gf's little bro. He has a lite and doesn't use this one anymore so he gave it to me. I'll likely give the phat to my gf because she's a New mario Bros junkie and grab a lite for myself. However I am still in college and dropping 130 for a DS lite, (assuming I can find one) isn't really in the cards with summer classes coming up and me needing to grab books. I'm trying to graduate ASAP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol