Calebcass1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had my switch on ofw 6.2 and had cfw under hekate and when I started a game it asked me to system update and I stupidly hit yes. Now when loading a payload it gives me an error unknowpkg cannot load firmware. so question is did I accidentally update to 7.0 doing that and can I downgrade (I don't have any cfw backups, but do have my bis keys)or do I have to wait for 7.0 OFW CFW to come around. But if it can be downloaded could someone point me in the right direction?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could downgrade using the tedious method, but I'd just wait for 7.0.x support.

Next time, make a backup of your NAND and keep your Switch from connecting to the internet.

Reactions: x65943

Calebcass1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could downgrade using the tedious method, but I'd just wait for 7.0.x support.

Next time, make a backup of your NAND and keep your Switch from connecting to the internet.
Just out of curiosity what is the tedious method? I'm gonna weigh the options based on how tedious it is

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't already done so, you should make a NAND backup before you do anything. Don't make the same mistake twice.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay even before I attempt to downgrade right even if it is a 7.0 nand?
Yes, you should backup your 7.0.x NAND for three reasons:
  1. In case you mess up during the downgrade.
  2. In case you accidentally update in the future and need to easily downgrade.
  3. In case your brick your Switch some other way in the future.

Calebcass1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you should backup your 7.0.x NAND for three reasons:
  1. In case you mess up during the downgrade.
  2. In case you accidentally update in the future and need to easily downgrade.
  3. In case your brick your Switch some other way in the future.
Okay i will backup then. so I looked through the tut and it says I need a hactools key but it says it can't on 7 but you can get it online you don't know where that is so you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.