Homebrew Help wtih CHMM2...

RajinSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
SO I tried to use CHMM2 but it just boots up to a yellow screen (Running Steelhax with Firmware 11.7 no CFW Old 2ds), but for my friend (Also runs the same except he uses New 2dsXL) and CHMM2 just works fine for him he can install Themes fine aswell, I also tried themely and same results with CHMM2, is there anyway that I can fix the yellow screen, or no because of the hardware difference?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO I tried to use CHMM2 but it just boots up to a yellow screen (Running Steelhax with Firmware 11.7 no CFW Old 2ds), but for my friend (Also runs the same except he uses New 2dsXL) and CHMM2 just works fine for him he can install Themes fine aswell, I also tried themely and same results with CHMM2, is there anyway that I can fix the yellow screen, or no because of the hardware difference?
Don't use CHMM2 use Anemone instead

RajinSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Tried it, it does bootup but doesn't install the themes it just puts my theme option to "Do not use themes" (And doesn't anemone need CFW anyways?)

Last edited by RajinSlayer,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have fun with music not looping bug

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ager-for-your-3ds.482804/page-26#post-7965806

2.0.0 is out!

https://github.com/astronautlevel2/Anemone3DS/releases/tag/v2.0.0

TL;DR:
  • ThemePlaza Browser
  • BGM Preview
  • Shuffle BGM bug fixed
And a lot, lot more!

Check the github release for a complete release.

B-)

Edit - Oh, did you mean CHMM2 had the BGM loop bug? Nah, that was all Anemone3DS. That bug affected CHMM2 and Themely if old version of Anemone was in the mix somehow.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Tried it, it does bootup but doesn't install the themes it just puts my theme option to "Do not use themes" (And doesn't anemone need CFW anyways?)
I know Anemone worked fine through the HBL without CFW on 11.6, I don't have an unhacked 3ds to test with on 11.7 - did you make sure to reboot after installing the themes? Alternatively, you can try an older version of Anemone if it still doesn't work.

CHMM2 doesn't work without CFW and neither does Themely since like 11.4 iirc.

RajinSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I know Anemone worked fine through the HBL without CFW on 11.6, I don't have an unhacked 3ds to test with on 11.7 - did you make sure to reboot after installing the themes? Alternatively, you can try an older version of Anemone if it still doesn't work.

Ok, I will try thnx for the help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but for my friend (Also runs the same except he uses New 2dsXL) and CHMM2 just works fine for him he can install Themes fine aswell,
But a thing that bothers me tho is How My Friend can run it without CFW and While I only get Yellow Screens(Both of us are very cautious with our 2DS's so we don't do CFW since it sometimes leads to irreversible Bricks)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
But a thing that bothers me tho is How My Friend can run it without CFW and While I only get Yellow Screens(Both of us are very cautious with our 2DS's so we don't do CFW since it sometimes leads to irreversible Brick
It might depend on the entry point and firmware versions. It's also possible he has CFW and doesn't realize it - what happens if he holds select on boot? If he doesn't have CFW what Homebrew entry point is he using and firmware is he on?

RajinSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It might depend on the entry point and firmware versions. It's also possible he has CFW and doesn't realize it - what happens if he holds select on boot? If he doesn't have CFW what Homebrew entry point is he using and firmware is he on?
I made him hold select on boot, but nothing happened. We run The Same Entry Point which is Steelhax and we Run the same firmware, and We also have the same region, but the difference is He has New 2DSxl and I have the Original 2DS

RajinSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

I got Anemone3DS to work and install custom themes now, I found the solution on how to, So when I install the themes I currently have a legit Detective Pikachu Theme (Which Anemone sets my theme option to "Don't Use") And my Friend said that if His CHMM2 crashes (which also sets his theme option to dont use any theme) he said that He just uses Basic:Blue Theme and it works so when I tried it The Theme installed :D

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)