Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I can't get it to work on my codeblocks IDE (using ubuntu linux)... I don't get it, I followed a couple of guides but my code won't compile.. I'm afraid I'm missing some linked libraries or something but.. can somebody please help me? my code is:

CODE#define ARM9
#include

int main() {
ÂÂÂÂ/*ÂÂTurn on the 2D graphics core. */
ÂÂÂÂ//powerOn(POWER_ALL_2D);

ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
}

and when I try to build it says:
Code:
-------------- Build: Debug in Test ---------------

Compiling: main.cpp
Linking console executable: bin/Debug/Test
/usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/devkitARM/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.2/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/devkitARM/arm-eabi/lib/be/libc.a(lib_a-errno.o): compiled for a big endian system and target is little endian
/usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/devkitARM/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.2/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file /usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/devkitARM/arm-eabi/lib/be/libc.a(lib_a-errno.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

what is the problem? I really don't get it.. I know my code does nothing, but still wtf is going on? is there a different way I should build it? How do I make it a .nds file? I tried looking on google and on a couple of forums but I could get no answer to my questions, hopefully someone here will help me
biggrin.gif

edit:

ps: if I try to uncomment that powerOn line I get this:

Code:
/usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/libnds/lib/libnds9.a(interrupts.o)||In function `irqInit':|
/usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/libbk/arm9/../source/common/interrupts.c|82|undefined reference to `__irq_vector'|
/usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/libnds/lib/libnds9.a(interrupts.o)||In function `irqInitHandler':|
/usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/libbk/arm9/../source/common/interrupts.c|95|undefined reference to `__irq_vector'|
/usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/libnds/lib/libnds9.a(interruptDispatcher.o)||In function `IntrRet':|
/usr/local/lib/devkitpro_r24/libbk/arm9/../source/common/interruptDispatcher.s|116|undefined reference to `__irq_flags'|
||=== Build finished: 3 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
sleight said:
Remove or rename the DvkitARM folder in DevkitPro
Then download this and extract the new DevkitARM in the Devkitpro folder
devkitARM r20

why should I download the v20 when there's a v24 with lots of new and improved stuff?

also I found out the problem in thefirst part, but when I do the powerOn the other problem is still there D:

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
sleight said:
I read somewehre that the latest devkitARM isn't compatible with PaLib

I don't have PALib installed and I don't plan to using it... at least yet, I wanted to start learning nds programming with libnds and devkitARM since it's a lower level of language... é_è

sleight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Morgawr said:
sleight said:

I don't have PALib installed and I don't plan to using it... at least yet, I wanted to start learning nds programming with libnds and devkitARM since it's a lower level of language... é_è

well programming languages are equal in their amount of needed skills.. because it's the same thing over and over again but with other expressions
just like learning vocabulary
but some languages got more opportunities.. others less

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
sleight said:
Morgawr said:
sleight said:

well programming languages are equal in their amount of needed skills.. because it's the same thing over and over again but with other expressions
just like learning vocabulary
but some languages got more opportunities.. others less

I agree but as far as I knew, PALib is based on libnds and devkitARM so it's just a "collection" of useful API... or something like that which raises the level of the syntax, taking it farther from machine code... however that is not my main problem.. which I solved using makefiles >.<

I had to modify and use a makefile from the examples to compile and build my code but now it seems it's working... ^^'

I think we can lock this topic
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1