Hacking Help with transfering data from cfw to cfw

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on getting the New Galaxy 3ds here soon and was going to A9LH it as soon as I get it. My current 3ds also has A9LH on it and I was wondering how I would go about transfering everything from my old one to my new one. Most likely what Im asking has either been told how to do somewhere else, or isnt so possible... Im looking for a way to transfer it in a way that I could just pop out my sd card and put it in the new 3ds. Currently I cant download much so redownloading all of my games would be troublesome. And yes, I do have non signed content on my 3ds.. If doing a system transfer between 2 A9LH consoles does transfer everything, then I apologize for the pointless question!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system transfer will only transfer legit games, DLC, and content. You'll have to reinstall your non-legit games.

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system transfer will only transfer legit games, DLC, and content. You'll have to reinstall your non-legit games.
I was thinking this would be the case.... That just means that I have A LOT of games to redownload... Thats what I get for using non legit content I suppose!

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Make a backup of your SysNAND, system transfer to the N3DS and restore that backup. The system transfer is important.

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hence the system transfer. I made a similar thread a while ago.
So the system transfer would make the system backup usable on the new 3ds Im getting? I didnt think that would have been the case either... Since A9LH will be installed, it doesnt hurt to try..

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So the system transfer would make the system backup usable on the new 3ds Im getting? I didnt think that would have been the case either... Since A9LH will be installed, it doesnt hurt to try..
EmuNANDS are a copy of the sysNAND. They are tethered to that system just like the sysNAND. If you do a System Transfer and want to restore your games, this is how I did it.
1: Made a NAND back up of my source system
2: Did the System Transfer as normal
3: Restored NAND of source system to the source system
4: Dumped the Tickets from source System using Decrypt9
5: Using FBI, I restored the Tickets from the source system to the new system
6: 90% of the games were properly restored.
7: I deleted a few games that didn't install properly, then redownloaded them.
8: Majority of the saves were moved, so I had to backup/restored the saves from the old to the new.
This is detailed in the Guide
https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
And Section VII - Reinstalling Tickets
https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Reactions: Lumince

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transferring from system to system is a pain in the ass. I did it twice already and just plain started over both times. The only thing I did salvage were my game saves, and only most of those worked. Going from Gateway to "legit" cias was a real problem. I had to bug the creator of JKSM to get a few things ironed out. I felt bad about that.

Anyways, reinstalling stuff isnt bad, just backup your saves.

Reactions: Hyoretsu

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it transfer everything via Wifi?? Looks like Ill have to wait until the 7th to transfer then xD 60 gbs being used rn isnt an option lol My internet provider limits my wifi usage... Which is stupid... Trasnfering doesnt sound too much of a pain. Just the saves and tickets I have to worry about.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does it transfer everything via Wifi?? Looks like Ill have to wait until the 7th to transfer then xD 60 gbs being used rn isnt an option lol My internet provider limits my wifi usage... Which is stupid... Trasnfering doesnt sound too much of a pain. Just the saves and tickets I have to worry about.
Backup saves with JKSM and tickets with Decrypt9WIP. I quote a guide.

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup saves with JKSM and tickets with Decrypt9WIP. I quote a guide.
Good thing I already have them! Does the system transfer wipe the sources sd card? If So I'll most likely back that up before transferring as well just in case... Also, the portion about the nnid thing might worry me. Since I 'll be restoring my backup to my source 3ds after transferring, Will that 3ds still think that my nnid is linked to it as well? And If so, will a factory reset fix it? (Probably, just want to clarify)

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good thing I already have them! Does the system transfer wipe the sources sd card? If So I'll most likely back that up before transferring as well just in case... Also, the portion about the nnid thing might worry me. Since I 'll be restoring my backup to my source 3ds after transferring, Will that 3ds still think that my nnid is linked to it as well? And If so, will a factory reset fix it? (Probably, just want to clarify)
No. After the system transfer, you put the microSD into the N3DS. I don't think the NNID will be a problem, because you won't turn the 3DS on after restoring the backup.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's kinda bad if you have 60GB of games and a 1MB/s connection, like me.
Transferring from system to system is a pain in the ass. I did it twice already and just plain started over both times. The only thing I did salvage were my game saves, and only most of those worked. Going from Gateway to "legit" cias was a real problem. I had to bug the creator of JKSM to get a few things ironed out. I felt bad about that.

Anyways, reinstalling stuff isnt bad, just backup your saves.
You don't have to reinstall everything. It actually does copy over the data, you just need to restore the tickets.

EmuNANDS are a copy of the sysNAND. They are tethered to that system just like the sysNAND. If you do a System Transfer and want to restore your games, this is how I did it.
1: Made a NAND back up of my source system
2: Did the System Transfer as normal
3: Restored NAND of source system to the source system
4: Dumped the Tickets from source System using Decrypt9
5: Using FBI, I restored the Tickets from the source system to the new system
6: 90% of the games were properly restored.
7: I deleted a few games that didn't install properly, then redownloaded them.
8: Majority of the saves were moved, so I had to backup/restored the saves from the old to the new.
This is detailed in the Guide
https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
And Section VII - Reinstalling Tickets
https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Reactions: Lumince

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: