Misc help with tp link tl-wn321g

rieabbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just bought this wireless adapter. i currently have a main router running with psk encryption (which ds doesn't support)
so i connected the adapter to my usb hub on my laptop to allow wireless network running w/out any encryption to run temporarily.
but i just can't figure out how to do it.
and the tray icon that shows the signal strength of the adapter is not showing any sort of color (meaning its disconnected?)
running os is vista.
help plz.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rieabbi said:
i just bought this wireless adapter. i currently have a main router running with psk encryption (which ds doesn't support)
so i connected the adapter to my usb hub on my laptop to allow wireless network running w/out any encryption to run temporarily.
but i just can't figure out how to do it.
and the tray icon that shows the signal strength of the adapter is not showing any sort of color (meaning its disconnected?)
running os is vista.
help plz.
So wait, is this a wifi dongle or a wireless adapter?

rieabbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a wireless adapter

Edit: apparently, i have found out that tl-wn321g can be used by installing rt73 driver, which i did. however, i still don't understand how to put wireless signal up >< any help?

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rieabbi said:
its a wireless adapter

Edit: apparently, i have found out that tl-wn321g can be used by installing rt73 driver, which i did. however, i still don't understand how to put wireless signal up >< any help?
I'm pretty sure you need a wireless dongle for what you want to do.

Wireless dongle: sends a wireless signal for ds, psp, etc

Wireless adapter: recieves wireless signal

rieabbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... o well...i just wasted 18 bux for nothing hahahahaha thank you...i guess ill be going to ebay or something to get one...
btw, any recommended dongle?

Edit: found out that it is a dongle... tp-link model : tl-wn321G http://www.tp-link.com/products/product_des.asp?id=47
any help on sending out signals?
biggrin.gif

Edit2: ok i have resolved the issue. seems that there are 2 modes to this, the stationary mode and ap mode.
i just changed it to ap mode and now its giving out signals. the stationary mode receives signals.
tnx so much~

edit 3
sleep.gif
= is there anyway to find out mac adress of the ds?

Edit4 - nevermind i found it...

EDIT 5: ok i got it give off the signal...but the signal is weak i don't know why. also, im getting error 52100 and i put the ip adress and all manually according to the nintendo. arrrrgh help? lol

rieabbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i got the dongle connected to my router and it gives out good signal...but on my ds, im getting 52000/52100 errors. i have tried to put it in manually. also my dongle doesn't show its gateway adress... only shows 0.0.0.0 and no dns ...

btw, whats adhoc and infrastructure? and which one do i have to have it on as.?

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rieabbi said:
ok, i got the dongle connected to my router and it gives out good signal...but on my ds, im getting 52000/52100 errors. i have tried to put it in manually. also my dongle doesn't show its gateway adress... only shows 0.0.0.0 and no dns ...

btw, whats adhoc and infrastructure? and which one do i have to have it on as.?
Here's what you can try.
First option, in Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup, try the "Connect to your Nintendo Wif-Fi USB Connector"
Second option, just search for a access point. Quick question though, is the signal the dongle giving encrypted?

If that doesn't work tell me, and I will look into it more.

Edit: wait, connected to your router?

Edit 2: Couldn't you just change the router encryption? Not to hard you know.

rieabbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
signal given by dongle isn't encrypted. its open.
the dongle is connected to the signals given off by my main router.
and i know that i can just open up my main router's access, but i really dun want to change its encryption to wep...tahts why i bought the dongle.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rieabbi said:
signal given by dongle isn't encrypted. its open.
the dongle is connected to the signals given off by my main router.
and i know that i can just open up my main router's access, but i really dun want to change its encryption to wep...tahts why i bought the dongle.
What would be the problem with changing the encyrption to WEP?

vlakas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been having the same problem when trying to connect using my DS.

When i go through the nintendo wifi connection setup on my DS, and search for access pont, it is able to find it. But when i test the connection, i get error 51201 "the access point is busy"

I am using the tp-link wireless utility program in AP mode with all access open, no WEP passwords.

there is no other device connecting to my wireless adapter and is located about 30cm away from my DS.

Anyone got ant solutions or suggestions?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, in like one month and 13 days