Hacking Help with some LU64/LU65 Wii Questions

SoraK05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Hi. I was hoping someone could help me understand why the LU64+ Wiis are so different from the rest of the Wiis..

What happens if the 'wrong cIOS is installed'? Does the Wii become unusable for homebrew, and is there a cure?
What are the steps to installing a cIOS on one of these Wiis? What can/can't be done on these Wiis which can generally be done on other Wiis?

I also wanted to know what changing the region is like? I wanted to change a JAP Wii into a PAL Wii, which comes with 3.4..
Would the correct steps be:
While on 3.4, change the region to PAL, get IOS16 on there, install cIOS38 rev 13b, and then install the 4.0 and IOS60 WAD files (from NUS for example)? Does AnyRegion Changer work on these Wiis to change the region, or do they result in bricks?
I heard downgrading is impossible - is installing a 3.4 PAL WAD on the JAP Wii technically OK?

Any help for instructions to help me out with the above, for changing a JAP equivalent LU64+ Wii into a PAL one would be nice
smile.gif

Also, if the JAP Wii is somehow on 4.0J, can this be changed to PAL somehow?

Any help is appreciated, and sorry if I look like a n00b that doesn't search - I've tried looking, and I'm not entirely sure about all the different methods I see.. if someone can help clearly explain what is going on, it would be much appreciated..

Also, for things like softmodding, how is this possible? Can I install PreLoader and make the System Menu boot with IOS249 after cIOS 38 rev 13b is installed? I imagine Backup Loaders and USB Loaders should work as well.. can WAD files be installed, like USB Loader Channels for example?

SoraK05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I'm sorry to bump this, and I'm also sorry if I'm breaking any kind of rules (unwritten or not), but I really need the help with this.
Any answers would be much appreciated..
smile.gif

Thanks..

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
firstly im not to sure about the whole LU64 thing im assuming that big N did a nifty number and installed some different hardware to try and stop us pirates, again as mentioned im not to sure iv had my wii since release day as i love nintendo but anyway i can not stress enough how important it is to install bootmii before trying to change region as your messing with your system menu and that deletes preloader so the only way to be safe is to install bootmii. there is a program out there forgot the name which is designed to change your wii region i think it might be Anytitle deleter or i might be wrong but anyway good luck and be safe we don't need more threads on "HELP I BRICKED ME WII", "IV BRICKED MA WII LA" SO PLEASE BE SAFE

SoraK05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Thanks..
smile.gif

I think it's AnyRegion Changer Mod05..
I want to be as careful as possible, so I wanted to know precautions I have to take for the difference in the older Wiis and the LU64+ Wiis..
I know quite a bit about how the Wii works, but I'm not sure about the whole LU64+ thing, so if anyone could give me some insight as to what I can and can't do, in comparison to a 'normal' Wii, it would be much appreciated..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==