Help with softmod wii.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by nadoon, Sep 13, 2009.

Sep 13, 2009

Help with softmod wii. by nadoon at 12:19 PM (803 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    I want to Softmod my wii which is currently version 4.1. Wad manager doesn't work and loading fake copied games from Gecko OS doesn't work. Help please. I tried following many, many, many guides but none helped. I have no CIOS installed because I don't know what it does or how it helps. I want to use wad manager again and start playing fake wii iso's. Thanks

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
  3. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    Sorry, but I'm really not understanding those guides you recommended, even the noobie one. I just want to know if there is a replacement of wad manager that works on 4.1 or any other simple way to get wads.

4. nadoon
    OP

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    Anyone, help please? Come on. Please. Thanks. [​IMG]

5. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You should just keep bumping this.

Because, and I may get banned for telling you this. It's kind of an inner-circle secret. It's not something people new to the softmod'ing scene are told for quite a while. You have to earn your stripes, yaknow? Anyway, the guides. They're actually the most difficult way to tell people how to do what you want to do. It's actually really simple and can be summed up in one sentence. The guides are just put there to confuse you.

So ya, you've been told what guides to read. If you don't like that answer, tough shit guy. They are guides. Here, dont want to read a guide? I'll give you the short of it.

Use TBR. Install rev14. Use Neogamma. Use Wad Manager 1.5.

6. andyc799

Newcomer andyc799 Member

United Kingdom
  7. jnorris

Newcomer jnorris Newbie

United States
    actually nadoon you need to read, you cant just have a wad manager without the cios installed other than running the wad manager. it wont create the channels or allow homebrew applications to run without locking your Wii, restarting, or heaven forbid Brick it (meaning your $249 Wii is worth as much as a brick but has a green power light)

it took me less that 10 mins from SD card to homebrew to wad manager to get my Wii doing what I wanted following those guides.

we cant hold you hand, but really you need to understand to read though the guides and follow the instructions in the correct order and it should work for you.

[​IMG] [​IMG]