Hacking help with save files

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was doing stuff with my 3ds so I backed up the . sav file for the 2 3ds games on my console. I knew the games were very different in size so I stored them in folders with the name being the size of the game. Whenever I re copy over the .save file Mario and Luigi Dream Team Says My save is corrupt and I know it is the right save file. I tried this on both version 1 and 1.1 of the game. Could the region of the cia I downloaded be the problem?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't directly swap the save files between different 3DS system versions and between different regional versions of the game due to console unique encryption and game unique info.
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/<TID_LOW>/data/00000001.sav
If you extract an encrypted save file from the SD card, it can only be restored exactly where it was originally found at its starting 32-char <ID0> and 8-digit/letter TitleID (low).

Also, certain games that have their saves restored this way can get deleted by triggering the anti-cheating gamesave restore (Secure Value).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to bypass this?
Yes, but with some difficulty.
Read the further down posts in regards to recreating the KeyY if your source 3DS system was never hacked or never had its [ SysNAND *.bin image | essential.exefs | movable.sed ] dumped before.

Edit - Fixed the link. Sorry, double pasted the http:// string.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately I have noe of that stuff available to me.
Refer to post #16 in regards to extracting and reconstructing the KeyY. If your 3DS ever had its Friend Code added to someone's Friends List, that person will need custom firmware installed on their 3DS where they will have to dump the first half of your KeyY with seedminer. The second half is obtained with that bruteforcemovable website.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never had my friend code added to someone else's 3ds
If your 3DS system that created those saves in the first place has custom firmware, and if you have the the exact, original 32 characters <ID0> folder that contained those saves before whatever happened to have caused your 3DS to no longer recognize them as valid, you can try your luck with:
  • CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Fix movable.sed KeyY
  • Use the version 1.4 of that script found attached way below that post.
This assumes your saves did not come from another 3DS system through a System Transfer.

Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you except start backing up your saves + extdata with Checkpoint/JKSM from now on.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night