Hacking Help with r4rts.com cards

DarkAdamm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased 3 R4i SDHC & RTS cards. The site on them is r4rts.com.

I have 3 DS Lites. None of them will recognize that these cards are inserted. I tried loading them with and without the Micro Sd card in them. Nothing comes up but the "No game insert" notice.

Is says they are compatible with the DS Lites and these are the V1.4 cards which does't matter on the DS Lite, right.

I don't have a DSi to try them on right now, I may borrow one but I am not sure that would make a difference.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

DarkAdamm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the thing.

I got them from dealextreme.

I got 3 that did the exact same thing. They had me send them back and they sent me these 3.

I guess that is what is making me think I am doing something wrong.

6 bad cards. I just can't figure out what I could be doing wrong.

DarkAdamm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't matter what firmware I use if I can not get the cards to be recoginized.
I will try both firmwares and see what happens.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're right....you should see some message on screen without msd inserted - but message can vary between flashcarts. Did you try the paper trick - thin piece of paper between R4 (sticker side) and inside DS slot to see if your DS recognizes the R4 cart?
BTW, DSi console is not required to test cart, as all flashcarts are backwards compatible with DSL/Phat consoles. Although testing of R4s on a different DS than yours may assist in identifying the problem.

DarkAdamm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.

I tried the paper trick on one of my DS Lites now it flashed on then off. Now when I try and turn it on the orange lite flashes and that is all.

Probably a blown fuse.

Not really sure what to do with these cards.

DarkAdamm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay not sure what happened but I got that ds to work again.

I bravely tried the paper trick again.

IT WORKED.

What should I do for a more perment fix. I have kids that will pull the paper out.

How about i print another label to put on top of the old label?

Any other ideas?

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
id add another label tot he cart..just be careful i did this once and the label i used was crap and it peeled and eventually got stuck. when i got it out there was also residue all over the insdie of the cart

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avoid these junk cards. I tried them and find the provided firmware to run slow as hell with no option for YSmenu. Also I had an issue were the screw on the card was protruding and scratching the ds slot, had to cut material away from the card to get the screw to sit flush. Poor build quality...bummer too because I thought they would be decent from the M3 team.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unfortunately, once you have a console that needs the paper trick, there is no real way of knowing which flashcart will run w/out paper in the slot (speaking from experience). I have a Phat that won't recognize an R4DS or AK2i, but has no problems with my M3DSReal. It must be slightly thicker in design.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."