Hacking Help with Ocarina

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got the homebrew channel to work on my wii. I tried the old version back in the day, but I couldn't get it to install @[email protected], I have Ocarina installed, and I selected a few cheats for SSBB(US). When I go into the homebrew channel and click Ocarina, it tells me it is loading, but stays at 0% for evvvver (or as long as I leave it there)

What's going on?

And assuming this gets fixed, where can I find more cheats? I don't need a USBGecko do i?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
I finally got the homebrew channel to work on my wii. I tried the old version back in the day, but I couldn't get it to install @[email protected], I have Ocarina installed, and I selected a few cheats for SSBB(US). When I go into the homebrew channel and click Ocarina, it tells me it is loading, but stays at 0% for evvvver (or as long as I leave it there)

What's going on?

And assuming this gets fixed, where can I find more cheats? I don't need a USBGecko do i?
you can try using the backup loader aka usb gecko w/ ocarina to loader your game. it wont hurt.

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I don't have a USBGecko....Or money for thatmatter...jobless@_@

Also on a side note, when ever I try to go back to the Wii menu from the homebrew channel my Wii hardlocks and the omnly way out is too hold the power button

Sorry, I'm kinda new at this, I couldn't even make my own cheats on gameshark back in the day @_@

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a gamecube memory card in slot a or b, take it out. If that doesn't work, backup your sd card to your pc, format it with the wii and copy your files back on.

and rawalisb - usb gecko and the backup loader are two totally different things (usbgecko is a piece of hardware that you plug into your gamecube memory card slot to dump the wii's RAM onto your pc and make edits or take screenshots, GeckoOS came first, Wiigator modified the source code of an older release and packed it as a backup loader) and what I think you're referring to is something else altogether - the new GeckoOS with ocarina support.

back to TWEEDLE - go to http://usbgecko.com/manual.htm and download the new GeckoOS 1.07b (about halfway down the list) and put it on your sd card and make sure your codes are converted to *.gct files and in the codes folder on your sd card. This version of GeckoOS has ocarina support so you don't even need ocarina itself anymore, just the PC app to compile your *.gct files from ".txt lists

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
If you have a gamecube memory card in slot a or b, take it out. If that doesn't work, backup your sd card to your pc, format it with the wii and copy your files back on.

and rawalisb - usb gecko and the backup loader are two totally different things (usbgecko is a piece of hardware that you plug into your gamecube memory card slot to dump the wii's RAM onto your pc and make edits or take screenshots, GeckoOS came first, Wiigator modified the source code of an older release and packed it as a backup loader) and what I think you're referring to is something else altogether - the new GeckoOS with ocarina support.

back to TWEEDLE - go to http://usbgecko.com/manual.htm and download the new GeckoOS 1.07b (about halfway down the list) and put it on your sd card and make sure your codes are converted to *.gct files and in the codes folder on your sd card. This version of GeckoOS has ocarina support so you don't even need ocarina itself anymore, just the PC app to compile your *.gct files from ".txt lists

alright I'll try that now. I put the geckoos in my apps folder wheere ocarina was previously right?

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Mark McDonut said:

alright I'll try that now. I put the geckoos in my apps folder wheere ocarina was previously right?

Yup, and your gct's in the codes dir (not apps\codes but \codes)

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Mark McDonut said:

Alright thanks man, I'll keep you posted on my progress. Where do I find codes anyway? for once Google wasn't really helpful to me.

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Mark McDonut said:
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Mark McDonut said:

Alright thanks man, I'll keep you posted on my progress. Where do I find codes anyway? for once Google wasn't really helpful to me.

Alright, it was the GC memory cards:-pSould I still use the geckoos?

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Mark McDonut said:
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Mark McDonut said:

Alright, it was the GC memory cards:-pSould I still use the geckoos?

That's up to you, I like GeckoOS and have had less issues with codes working so that's what I use. It also has other cool stuff like rebooter which reboots your wii and turns off the no-copy flag so you can back up saved games nintendo doesn't allow you to by default. and it does everything in RAM so once your wii is turned off it's back to normal again.

Codes are pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

you'll still need the pc app ocarina came with (hopefully you still have it on your pc! if not, it's packed in with ocarina so just redownload it)

go to http://usbgecko.com/codes/

and download the txt code lists from there and open them in the ocarina pc app and check the boxes of the codes you want to use (they need to be chosen and compiled into a gct, if you want to use different individual codes meaning if you want to turn certain codes on or off you need to delete the gct from your sd card and compile a new gct) and save them to a gct named xxxx.gct (xxxx being the game retail code, which should be something like rhte54.gct or whatever, everything you need to know is in the text code lists) keep in mind you can run the game without codes by running it though the normal disc channel, but when you boot the disc through GeckoOS it will automatically search for gct files of that game's retail code and apply them. you can also turn ocarina off in GeckoOS if you're just using it to run an import game. It's a really neat swiss army knife of the wii.

If you have any trouble or if I'm being a bit confusing let me know. Hope it works out for you and have fun!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Easy enough, nice tool ocarina codes like, need it for manhunt 2
smile.gif

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's working now.n I selected some cheats and noticed no change however @_@... I'll find something that works...Thanks for your help man.

EDIT: Actually,, it seems like none of the cheats are working @_@... I understood why sonic bowser moveswap didn't work and just crashed, but any other cheat I add seems to show nothing different... Then again the descriptions for the cheats are bleh.

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
smile.gif

save the following 8 lines to a text file:
RHTE54
Manhunt 2 (US)

[Uncensored Killing Fun] by sm98
42000000 80000000
2045F900 45584543
0445F900 00000000
E0000000 00000000

be sure to include the space, open it in the ocarina pc app, check the box next to the code, choose save to gct and save it as rhte54.gct

put it in the codes folder in the root of your sd card. boot up manhunt 2 through GeckoOS and it should say applying codes. start the game and enjoy the gore!

QUOTE(TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ @ Oct 13 2008, 11:56 PM) I think it's working now.n I selected some cheats and noticed no change however @_@... I'll find something that works...Thanks for your help man.

make sure GeckoOS is finding your codes too, it'll say codes found or codes not found when it boots your game.

also for SSBB, a lot of the codes have variables (XX, YY) read the comments section in the Ocarina PC app after loading your code text file to see if you need to set them to a value.

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
djdynamite123 said:
smile.gif

save the following 8 lines to a text file:
RHTE54
Manhunt 2 (US)

[Uncensored Killing Fun] by sm98
42000000 80000000
2045F900 45584543
0445F900 00000000
E0000000 00000000

be sure to include the space, open it in the ocarina pc app, check the box next to the code, choose save to gct and save it as rhte54.gct

put it in the codes folder in the root of your sd card. boot up manhunt 2 through GeckoOS and it should say applying codes. start the game and enjoy the gore!

QUOTE(TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ @ Oct 13 2008, 11:56 PM) I think it's working now.n I selected some cheats and noticed no change however @_@... I'll find something that works...Thanks for your help man.

make sure GeckoOS is finding your codes too, it'll say codes found or codes not found when it boots your game.

also for SSBB, a lot of the codes have variables (XX, YY) read the comments section in the Ocarina PC app after loading your code text file to see if you need to set them to a value.

Ya gecko says codes loaded every time. I have changed values when needed. Hmm...

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got it to work this time, but i didn't do anything different o.O

Do yo uknow the taunt for final smash code? It wasn't on the site you gave me... or infinite final smash....I also didn't see the cheats for levels that aren't normally there :-/

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:

Sorry, I meant GeckoOS. Wasn't thinking straight.

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rawalisb said:
Mark McDonut said:

Sorry, I meant GeckoOS. Wasn't thinking straight.

haha it's cool, we all brainfart
smile.gif
I was so descriptive so if anyone was confused and was popping in with a similar problem they wouldn't get even more confused. We've all been there at one point! (plus nuke hates that GeckoOS was used as a backbone, but that's the thing with open source, as long as the source is released people can mod it all they want)

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I probably wouldn't have figured out the GC memory cards for at least a hour or two of me getting mad, plus stress testing the problem(as far as I could at least)

I've seen a list of a lot of apps, but now that you showed me geckoos, it seems really out dated. mSo, I was wondering what other apps are cool?
I really like that I can import with geckoOS though

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Ya I probably wouldn't have figured out the GC memory cards for at least a hour or two of me getting mad, plus stress testing the problem(as far as I could at least)

I've seen a list of a lot of apps, but now that you showed me geckoos, it seems really out dated. mSo, I was wondering what other apps are cool?
I really like that I can import with geckoOS though

lol that was bad

Um I meant the apps I found for the homebrew channel seem out dated. UM, I was wondering what you would recommend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.