Homebrew Help with Ocarina cheats for backups with USB Loader GX

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1) I found some Ocarina codes for super mario galaxy 2 https://sites.google.com/site/gamemasterplcscheatcodes/wii/super-mario-galaxy-2-sb4e01
I copy pasted the code to a .txt doc ensuring there was a space between each line. I then used Wii CHEAT CODE MANAGER (it seems identical to Ocarina code manager) to activate the ones I wanted and exported to a .GCT and named it SB4E01 (EU region) .

I don't have an Sd reader slot on my PC so I put a micro SD card in a SD card convertor and put the .GCT into the /codes folder I created in the root of the SD card. I activated ocarina in USB GX global settings. But it gave me an error saying
"no cheat codes found". So I did the same with the USB and changed the GCT path to USB (in USB GX global settings) created same folder with the GCT, but got the same result! Do I have to download and install Ocarina channel or something?

2) Another issue: Where it says:
'Yoshi Hover Time Modifier
0441BAE0 3800XXXX
XXXX-Number of Frames converted to Hex.'

How do I know which number of frames to change to?

Last edited by azakhan,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The PAL/Europe region of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is SB4P01, SB4E01 is for North America.

The number of frames is up to you, but you can use http://string-functions.com/decimal-hex.aspx to convert a value. For example, if you'd like it to be 60 frames, 60 frames converted to hex would be 3c, so you'd change it to
0441BAE0 3800003C (I believe)

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The PAL/Europe region of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is SB4P01, SB4E01 is for North America.

The number of frames is up to you, but you can use http://string-functions.com/decimal-hex.aspx to convert a value. For example, if you'd like it to be 60 frames, 60 frames converted to hex would be 3c, so you'd change it to
0441BAE0 3800003C (I believe)
But how many frames is the default roughly? I don't wanna break something lol, if I wanted him to hover for like 5 sec or something what would I put? So if I wanted 6 frames per sec=60x6=360=168?

Also I really need help in getting the cheats to run, I tried changing the filnename (and title in the manager) to 'SB4P01', but it made no difference.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I figured out what the problem was finally through trial and error, it was to necessary to add the matching .txt file to the root too, the GCT alone wasn't enough. It now works through USB too, without having to install Ocarina or any other app and without an internet connection through the wii. I couldn't find this info anywhere and nobody on other forums could figure it out either, so hope it helps someone.

Last edited by azakhan,
Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)