Hacking Help with menu

Chaoszero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I put on version 1.09 onto my Micro SD card. I made a folder called Games in the root and put some games in it. I turned on the DS, but instead of the menu coming up a purple and black stripy background came up with no dislap of the games. It wasn't even the default skin. Can someone help what I'm doing wrong?

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chaoszero said:
I put on version 1.09 onto my Micro SD card. I made a folder called Games in the root and put some games in it. I turned on the DS, but instead of the menu coming up a purple and black stripy background came up with no dislap of the games. It wasn't even the default skin. Can someone help what I'm doing wrong?

I believe that happened to me once when tried to boot it with no skin. Are you sure the default skin is there?

Chaoszero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nvm I got it to work with the default skin. I now have another question though, when I load the games it almost finishes loading, but it then lags a bit by pausing for about 2 seconds, then finishes loading the game. Last time I had a DSTT it loaded reallly fast with no lags whatsoever. I only have about 6 games on a 2gb memeroy stick, so it stil has lots of room.

Chaoszero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah right, it was my card format. Thanks. Right, last question: when I put in a new skin, that purple and black background comes back on again. I delted the default folder in the skins folder, then pasted the folder "Akatsuki" instead.

Chaoszero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Change the skin from the menu? I don't quite understand what you mean
wacko.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With most skinnable carts, pushing one of the buttons (which button it is varies from cart to cart), whilst in the menu, changes the skin ... providing there are alternate skins to choose from.

Or, one of the buttons will bring up a sub-menu from which you can select alternate skins.

All skinnable carts have one or the other.

Chaoszero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So in the menu where I select a game to play, there is a button you pres to change it? Ok, I'll try that. Do you know what that button is for the TTDS? Also, if I change the skin will it stay like that if I turn the DS off and on again or will it switch back to the last one?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DSTT cannot currently change the skin from within the menu. You have to simply replace the "default" folder with a new "default" folder to change the skin.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up