Help With Installing CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Xodass, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Xodass
    OP

Xodass Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    United States
    so guys after years of holding off on a 3ds I finally decided to buy one to play pkmn again

I know this question gets asked a lot so im sorry if i offend u

Im auite a noob

I wanted to play the older ones first and some other games so i was wondering how i could install a cfw for my 3DS and if it is possible even without a flashcart

If you guys could direct me to a tut i would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

2. khangress

khangress GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    Canada
    Last edited by khangress, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Xodass
    OP

Xodass Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for the reply. Im getting it tmrw and the owner hasn't played it in a while. Its an old standard 3DS im not sure about the firmware until i get it

4. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    I highly recommend that you look into setting up luma3ds and not rxtools. You will be severely hindered in the future if you bother to use rxtools. Follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/ up until part 4 step 17. This will have you setup luma 3ds, have fbi over your health and safety, and have menuhax. If you wish to, you can setup a9lh which is essentially a faster way to boot into cfw with a great amount of brick protection. Doing a9lh is something you should definitely consider though, but you should read over it before starting the process of it.

5. khangress

khangress GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    Canada
    As long as they didn't update it to newest firmware you should be fine.

EDIT: Yeah use the other guide posted, I totally forgot the one I posted has rxtools

Last edited by khangress, Jul 17, 2016
  6. Xodass
    OP

Xodass Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    United States
    Oh guys and another thing i wanted to ask. Is it possible to access the eshop while doing this? There are some games i have my eyes on

Just wondering

7. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Yes.