Homebrew Help With Installing CFW

Xodass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so guys after years of holding off on a 3ds I finally decided to buy one to play pkmn again

I know this question gets asked a lot so im sorry if i offend u

Im auite a noob

I wanted to play the older ones first and some other games so i was wondering how i could install a cfw for my 3DS and if it is possible even without a flashcart

If you guys could direct me to a tut i would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Xodass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. Im getting it tmrw and the owner hasn't played it in a while. Its an old standard 3DS im not sure about the firmware until i get it

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly recommend that you look into setting up luma3ds and not rxtools. You will be severely hindered in the future if you bother to use rxtools. Follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/ up until part 4 step 17. This will have you setup luma 3ds, have fbi over your health and safety, and have menuhax. If you wish to, you can setup a9lh which is essentially a faster way to boot into cfw with a great amount of brick protection. Doing a9lh is something you should definitely consider though, but you should read over it before starting the process of it.

khangress

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply. Im getting it tmrw and the owner hasn't played it in a while. Its an old standard 3DS im not sure about the firmware until i get it

As long as they didn't update it to newest firmware you should be fine.

EDIT: Yeah use the other guide posted, I totally forgot the one I posted has rxtools

Last edited by khangress,

Xodass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh guys and another thing i wanted to ask. Is it possible to access the eshop while doing this? There are some games i have my eyes on

Just wondering

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1