tsin74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

wanting some help please...have read some of the other threads but can't find specifically what i am looking for.

Background

have home brewed wii u 5.5.4.e

have installed haxchi exploit and have homebrew shortcut on my main screen.(used jack sorrell’s youtube vid). Please see thi\e video in the link for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=TpJh0_OvrOE

upload_2019-9-22_17-41-44.png

This is where I need help from

every tutorial I see has a shortcut being haxchi on main screen instead of homebrew launcher through brain training app. Do I need to reverse this?

I was hoping to follow the guides where you install haxchi shortcut onto main wii u screen then put it out of the way before you install CBHCand it changes to this icon below.

I think that’s what I need to do before I create install folder onto sd card for when I use usb helper wii u. this will allow me then to use wup gx2 loader.

Then I will be able to install my backup games onto flash drive and have a shortcut on main wii u menu

have not yet done nand backup but understand it's quite important. suspect i should do this before i progress any further.

In summary I want to be able to install and play my wii u backups from my wii u main screen but I think that I have made a mistake loading home brew launcher using brain training exploit instead of haxchi.

How can I fix this from this point.

p.s sorry if my post has been somewhat unclear.

Thanks for everyone’s patience

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Haxchi is used for launching the homebrew launcher(HBL) as well as launching custom firmware(CFW). It's launching behavior is defined in the config.txt file that was included with the Haxchi installer. Basically, you can modify this file to your liking and then install Haxchi.

My installation, for example, launches HBL by default. If I want to access CFW then i hold down the "B" button while Haxchi is launching. You will know that you are in CFW mode if Haxchi spits you right back to the Home Menu.

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Haxchi is used for launching the homebrew launcher(HBL) as well as launching custom firmware(CFW). It's launching behavior is defined in the config.txt file that was included with the Haxchi installer. Basically, you can modify this file to your liking and then install Haxchi.

My installation, for example, launches HBL by default. If I want to access CFW then i hold down the "B" button while Haxchi is launching. You will know that you are in CFW mode if Haxchi spits you right back to the Home Menu.
If you watch the video he doesn't have a haxchi icon bit a hb channel icon.i'm not sure if the config.txt thing is going to work.maybe it's worth a try

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
If you watch the video he doesn't have a haxchi icon bit a hb channel icon.i'm not sure if the config.txt thing is going to work.maybe it's worth a try
I watched the video. Right around the 3:03 mark he says its just a themed Haxchi. Its easy to change the icon of Haxchi prior to the install and there is no other homebrew that installs on top of a DS VC game, only Haxchi.. What I'm saying is that he already has Haxchi. It's just not setup to load CFW by default, its setup to launch HBL by default. All he needs to do is hold down "B" while Haxchi is launching an he will be in CFW mode. If the "B" button doesn't do it then he needs to hold a different button while Haxchi launches. He can easily find out his launching behavior by checking the config.txt that he used for his installation. If he wants it to be different then he can modify the config.txt file and re-install Haxchi.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
So how do you access cfw if you don't have the haxchi icon?
His Haxchi was installed as a themed Haxchi. His Haxchi icon was just replaced with the HBL icon. So he needs to launch his HBL icon, which is actually Haxchi with a different icon.. He says he has a homebrew shortcut on his Home Menu, that's Haxchi! If his HBL icon was anything different, such as the actual channel version of the HBL, then it wouldn't launch unless he was already in CFW. That would mean that he had CBHC and this wouldn't even be an issue. Trust me, his HBL icon is actually Haxchi.

ibroxgaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if what you say is true (and I believe you, I didn't watch the video past 30 seconds lol) how does he access hbl does he have two icons.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
So if what you say is true (and I believe you, I didn't watch the video past 30 seconds lol) how does he access hbl does he have two icons.
It seems that your aren't familiar with how Haxchi works. This is a good example of why people should download the files themselves instead of bundled as a package found on a youtube tutorial. I encourage you to read the OP in the official Haxchi thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/haxchi-v2-5u2-a-persistent-wiiu-hack.451071/
Particularly this part "Just extract the contents of it onto your sd card. The "haxchi" folder right now just consists of a simple replacement icon, logo and replacing the game title with "Haxchi".
Its example config.txt will boot homebrew launcher by default, a fw.img on your sd card when holding A and holding B will send you back into the system menu which will get full signature and region patching and support this ftpiiu-everywhere version; Haxchi comes with its own sysnand CFW included."
So basically, if he did not modify the config.txt file before installing Haxchi, and assuming the config.txt was also not modified by the person he downloaded it from, then he would access HBL by simply launching Haxchi. If he wanted to access CFW then he would launch Haxchi and hold "B" while it was loading. If he wanted to boot a custom fw.img file that was located in his SD card, he would launch Haxchi and hold "A" while it was loading. Did you even read my previous posts? lol

Reactions: jeannotte

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It seems that your aren't familiar with how Haxchi works. This is a good example of why people should download the files themselves instead of bundled as a package found on a youtube tutorial. I encourage you to read the OP in the official Haxchi thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/haxchi-v2-5u2-a-persistent-wiiu-hack.451071/
Particularly this part "Just extract the contents of it onto your sd card. The "haxchi" folder right now just consists of a simple replacement icon, logo and replacing the game title with "Haxchi".
Its example config.txt will boot homebrew launcher by default, a fw.img on your sd card when holding A and holding B will send you back into the system menu which will get full signature and region patching and support this ftpiiu-everywhere version; Haxchi comes with its own sysnand CFW included."
So basically, if he did not modify the config.txt file before installing Haxchi, and assuming the config.txt was also not modified by the person he downloaded it from, then he would access HBL by simply launching Haxchi. If he wanted to access CFW then he would launch Haxchi and hold "B" while it was loading. If he wanted to boot a custom fw.img file that was located in his SD card, he would launch Haxchi and hold "A" while it was loading. Did you even read my previous posts? lol
After thinking about it @dojafoja is probably right and he should just alter the config.txt file and maybe the icon if he wants the haxchi icon

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
After thinking about it @dojafoja is probably right and he should just alter the config.txt file and maybe the icon if he wants the haxchi icon
And then re-install Haxchi for the changes to take effect. @tsin74 You don't necessarily need CBHC. You can do as I said and launch your HBL icon and hold the "B" button while its loading. This will spit you back into the the Home Menu in CFW mode. Then launch your HBL icon again and don't hold any buttons this time. This will put you in HBL where you can launch WUPInstaller and install your games from the SD card. Once installed, many games don't even require CFW to run. If you do require CFW just launch Haxchi into CFW mode first and then launch your game. All CBHC does for you is automatically launch Haxchi into CFW mode on every boot. That way you are always in CFW. CBHC comes with some risks of brick though, although it is probably unlikely, there is still a risk.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Please...please don't follow videoguides. They are really quick outdated.

I have made a mistake loading home brew launcher using brain training exploit instead of haxchi.
The ds vc game is your installed haxchi. Open this is correct to patch your sysnand. And if you have cbhc installed you don't need to start it manually. This is what cbhc does. It patches automatically your sysnand at boot.

So how do you access cfw if you don't have the haxchi icon?
Browser Exploit ;)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the icon doesn't matter as long as it works. if the icon is corrupted, it will become a question mark tile, and the game won't boot. never mess with it if you're on cbhc for that reason. uninstall it first. anyway, the icon won't change if you copied the game, because usb takes priority. I have no idea why nintendo even included the option to copy when there's move. I mean having two of the same game??? my cbhc still says "redNAND," and has an icon for it.

tsin74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi all, thanks for the replies...what i have understood is that my particular hbl icon is haxchi with a slight mod and if i hold down B button while loading the homebrew launcher from my main homescreen ( where wii u starts up when i turn it on) it will load haxchi and then take me to my home menu with haxchi installed.

If i wanted to remove this home brew launcher icon and have it work as per the haxchi icon and cbhc what would i have to do?

i have a vague idea that i would have to uninstall or delete my brain training game the re install it from nintendo. i would then have to get rid of specific files from my sdcard and download the correct one/ones from wii u hacks guide the run the exploit through web browser?

i have not installed cbhc just to make it clear.

could anyone advise me please

i may need to be treated like a dummy with instructions so as to not stuff this up.

everyone has been helpful.

thanks

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
If you have the normal haxchi without coldboothax you can just delete it in the data management. For cbhc you need the uninstaller first. For the case you want to install cbhc in the future.

tsin74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
upload_2019-9-23_19-38-13.png

so if i go to data management in the settings section of the wii u. do i look for haxchi and then delete it? will it then delete the h start icon (as above)in the main menu?

which file do i delete from the sd card and then do i download the file haxchi file from wii u hacks guide?

will i have to re install brain training game from nintendo first?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
which file do i delete from the sd card and then do i download the file haxchi file from wii u hacks guide?
If you have haxchi already on your sd card you don't need to redownload it.

will i have to re install brain training game from nintendo first?
Yeah. How do you install haxchi without a game? xD

tsin74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
im just wondering if the haxchi file i used is the one from Jack Sorrell's files which installed the h start icon?

that's what i thought the earlier posts were suggesting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1