Hacking Help with GameCube Backups.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Whatee
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,533
  • Replies Replies 7

Whatee

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
59
Country
United States
Hi,

I've recently softmodded and added the homebrew channel to my wii, and i am currently running Wii Backups without a hitch.

Now i would like to run GC (GameCube) Back ups
For games like
- Eternal Darkness
- MGS Twin Snakes
- Etc.........

What do i need to install and or run, in order to get these (GC backups) to work?
I've heard of;

CIOScorp
&
Wii Gator


My system

LAUNCH console from 2006
4.2 Firmware
Homebrew Chanel
CIOS 249

Thanks,
 
Hmm, That sounds really easy.

Which is better? (waninkoko or wiigators cmios)
Its an easy Install?
And where can i find it?
 
search for CMIOS rev 8 and use that

then launch your gamecube games (on DVD-R) with your backup launcher channel or boot from HBC. you can also create multi game discs with about 3 or 4 games on one DVD-R!!! (search GC multi iso creator)


ps
metal gear twin snakes does not work. dont waste your discs trying.
every other game seems to run perfectly (i suggest F-ZERO GX as your test game as it runs perfectly in every mode)
 
so theres no way to link the two parts of mgs:ts? even if i put both on the same disc there's still no way to pass from part 1 to part 2?
cry.gif
 
My experiences have shown it to work. The only thing is, for some games you must use a DVD-R rather than changing the booktype on a DVD+R, I know that was the case with a different game that I tried, it may be so for MGS:TTS as well.

If you're already using DVD-R, I have no idea what might be wrong.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted