Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
put the wad in the folder with freethewads

then
freethewads wadname.wad

if you ever want to know the syntax of how to use a .exe (well most wii hacking .exes) just type the exe name without a target
I.E. if you type "freethewads" without a wadname.wad

Free the WADs *testing version* by Superken7

usage: freethewads

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
do you mean i do that in the command prompt? i tried it cause and it says "signing....done...FOR FREEDOM" so it seems like it worked but how do i know what region it patched too? i want to patch JPN to PAL does it just to it auto or do i need to tell it what to patch too and if so how?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
http://wiihack.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

just scroll down till you see it.
btw i found out how to select which region so it's all good now, i only have one more question, before i go ahead and start getting NTSC versions of WADS i already own, specially N64 ones, does this patch all games or only a few? and also when selecting the region should i select the one i need (i.e PAL) or *FREE*???

snakeslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me? Everytime I try to open the exe it closes on me.. and I dont know how to do it though CMD

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
It patches it to 3 - meaning region free

If you look in title.tmd after your 4 letter ticket it'll say 01, 02, Or 03.
01 = ntsc
02 = pal
03 = region free
If i remember correctly

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
this is funny since now i'm giving advice on how to use this program when i'm the one that started the topic asking for help, but basically what you need to do is, in the command prompt go to the freethewads folder, and when your in there you type in:

freethewads title.wad poopie

(where it says title.wad, you type in whatever name of thewadis, so if it's MK64.wad, thats what you write, and the poopie thing is real btw). hope that helps.

that was to snakeslash obviuosly.

and blu9987, so are you saying theres no need to add the poopie thing at the end to select which region cause it automatically set it to free region?

snakeslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the "freethewads" rar extracted to C:\wads

Then I typed C:\wads\freethewads drmario.wad poopie

it says cannot open file

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i think you have to write in cd:\wads byitself then when your in there you do the "freethewads drmario.wad poopie" thingie. try that.

snakeslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dosent seem like it allows me to go into a directory, it always says C:\documents and settings\(username here)\ then it opens the directory if I press enter..... then it says the same thing all over again

C:\documents and settings\(username here)\

like nothing ever happened.

snakeslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol im so lost... I moved it to the folder... what do you think I should type.. cause im so confused now... if this dosent work thanks for the help anyway.

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying.. all freethewads does *to my knowledge* is change that one bit from 1 ntsc to 3 regionfree.

I.E. Yoshi Story NTSC wad (not extracted) has NAHE....01 @ 0x0e90 this program would change it to NAHE....03

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you´re following misticknight´s route, and you´ve moved the folder where he said, and you´ve opened the command prompt..

Once you get this line C:\documents and settings\(username here)\ (again!!)

Type CD wads. Then the line should read C:\documents and settings\(username here)\wads

If so then type freethewads drmario.wad poopie

The command CD stands for change directory. I think you can type it small as well, But I always type large because it works for me.

(edit) Just saw you were also posting at bc. If this is only about Dr. Mario, the release that you were posting questions for has already been "freed". All you have to do is install it like you would any other VC release!

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
rolleyes.gif
And the crowd goes wild!! One noob helps another !!

Really, I´m glad if I helped. No matter how little.

daniel0987

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Uh... Help...

I have used the freethewads to change the region of WiiWare title My Life as A King.
My Console is NTSC-J and so far I used freethewads to change it to region free AND NTSC-J in the second run.

Whenever I tried to load the channel in both runs, it kicks me back to the Wii Menu...

What happened? Is there a compatibility list?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all