Gaming Help with DSi XL Top Screen

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got a DSi from a friend some years ago that is perfect except for the corners of the top screen. They're darker than the rest of the screen. The pixels can't be dead or stuck since I still can see what's running on these spots while gaming. I want to know what might be the problem and if I can solve it without repacing the screen (I have a New 3DS XL and it's not like the screen corners are completely dead, so it wouldn't be worth for me spending money to fix this). Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_225934_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200321_225934_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 516
  • IMG_20200321_233209_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200321_233209_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 465

Amez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a similar problem to this with a DSi a few years ago, every time you turned it off and on those shadows would appear, turned out someone had been turning "voltage" screws in the battery compartment, slightly turning the one for the top screen half a turn fixed it.

Ryccardo could be right in saying it could be physical damage, so a quick way to test would be gently apply a bit of pressure to one corner to see if the colour appears fine there, given that all 4 corners have pretty much the same size dark area there is a chance it may not be.

x3n0p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same problem here guys, the "gentle pressure" does not helped, and i guess (I'm truly do not have shure about that), that in my case this darker corners sometimes became bigger randomly...

that's something that's can i do unless buy another screen?

or the screen is not the problem?

thanks for the attention :3

Attachments

• IMG_20201202_153631.jpg
    IMG_20201202_153631.jpg
    933.6 KB · Views: 441

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
same problem here guys, the "gentle pressure" does not helped, and i guess (I'm truly do not have shure about that), that in my case this darker corners sometimes became bigger randomly...

that's something that's can i do unless buy another screen?

or the screen is not the problem?

thanks for the attention :3
I gave up trying to find a fix for the problem without having to change the screen since I normally use my 3DS. But your DSi screen looks worse than mine and I understand how annoying it is. If you find a solution please tell me.

Amez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here are the screws in the battery compartment, one will adjust the top screen, the other will adjust the bottom screen.

dsixl.jpg

Turn the console on and gently turn one of the screws while carefully watching the screens, turning the screw will either make the screen go brighter or duller,

The screws are very sensitive so you don't need to turn them round and round, even with half a turn you should notice a difference on one of the screens.

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here are the screws in the battery compartment, one will adjust the top screen, the other will adjust the bottom screen.

dsixl.jpg

Turn the console on and gently turn one of the screws while carefully watching the screens, turning the screw will either make the screen go brighter or duller,

The screws are very sensitive so you don't need to turn them round and round, even with half a turn you should notice a difference on one of the screens.
I tried that but didn't solve the problem. Although the screen got brighter, the corners were still darker than the rest of the screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1