Gaming Help with DQIX cheat file

allpoison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've updated my cheat database with the latest (July 13th) and when I opened it with r4cce, it shows DQIX cheats for the US version. However, on my Acekard, it does not show that there are cheats for DQIX. Any help please? I'm using xenom's cracked rom btw, if it helps. And my Acekard is up-to-date with the latest firmware, or close to.

Skorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First I'll say I haven't used that type of card so this might be a little off. Maybe in your flashcart you have to select the new cheat file to use? Not sure where it is on your card, but on m3 real it's on the screen right before you start the rom. Another possible solution is, in r4cce open the cheat file, scroll down and select the game (DQ 9). Just to the right of the game id there are 3 periods (...) click that button then select the rom you are using, then save the file and put it on your flashcart.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm using xenom's cracked rom btw
That's your problem right there!
The cheat database has cheats constructed for DRAGON QUEST IX (CLEAN, UNMODIFIED DUMP)
When you patch or download a patched/modified ROM the GAME ID (What is used to identify what DS game is what and what master codes to use) is changed to avoid conflicts. You will need to download a cheat database manager and manualy change the GAME ID to the GAME ID of the CRACKED ROM. Might I point you to R4CCE?

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I also have this problem. This is the first time I encountered this. All previous games I use with R4CCE worked 100%. And I'm also using Venom's ROM.

Here's the Game ID: YDQE 6692DAD2.

Am I missing something?

Oh yeah, I'm using an orig R4DS with Wood RPG 1.09.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Rayster said:
Hello, I also have this problem. This is the first time I encountered this. All previous games I use with R4CCE worked 100%. And I'm also using Venom's ROM.

Here's the Game ID: YDQE 6692DAD2.

Am I missing something?

Oh yeah, I'm using an orig R4DS with Wood RPG 1.09.

2 of them above just said go change the game ID

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Rayster said:
Nah, that's new to my ears. Can you help me about that?

first you have to make sure you changed the GAME id on r4cce
and SAVED the database

after that pop the database into the cheat folder

switch on your ds
go to the game
draw out the cheat menu
select db and make sure you selected usrcheat.dat
after that press REBUILT
smile.gif

if nothing yet to turn out... that means you didn't change the GAME ID
smile.gif

YDQE 23A95403 (this is the game ID for clean rom by Bahamut, for Xenom's rom it must be something else)

Skorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
armendvisoka said:
How do I find the game ID of Xenom's cracked rom so I can access the cheats?

Without using any program, I don't know. I explained how (using r4cce) in my first post.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Skorch said:
First I'll say I haven't used that type of card so this might be a little off. Maybe in your flashcart you have to select the new cheat file to use? Not sure where it is on your card, but on m3 real it's on the screen right before you start the rom. Another possible solution is, in r4cce open the cheat file, scroll down and select the game (DQ 9). Just to the right of the game id there are 3 periods (...) click that button then select the rom you are using, then save the file and put it on your flashcart.

this is the key word...
if you still don't get it ...then check this out
http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/general-ha...reconstruction/

Stuntbum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks everyone for the help, read through your instructions in this thread and finally got the codes to work. The quick messages cheat is really all i wanted lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew