Help with disassembly

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by jargus, Feb 22, 2008.

Feb 22, 2008

Help with disassembly by jargus at 10:10 PM (744 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jargus
    OP

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've taken out all screws, but when I try to take out the red/black connector, nothing happens. I'm afraid if I pull too hard, I'll break the two wires. Any hints? Also, does the drive have to be separated from the console in order solder onto it or can it lay next to the system on a table?

2. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    You mean the wires connecting the front faceplate to the Wii? Yeah they're not attached by any screws. Pull and they will come off. If not you can use a small flat screwdriver and gently pry it off.

3. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    You don't pull by the wires, but the little plastic thing where they connect, right? Isn't there a way to take that our easily too?
    I'm going by memory here. Post a good picture and we'll see. [​IMG]

4. jargus
    OP

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I did the screwdriver thing and it worked, now can somebody answer my second question?

5. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Nope, it doesn't. BUT it will be much easier to solder without having it connected, because the cables are still pretty short. There's only 2 connecting it, and they are easy to connect and disconnect, so why not.