Hacking Help with backup loader/launcher for wii

Mangaissofun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I'm trying to get any version of any back up loader/launcher that works for my wii and I've followed all sorts of guides and downloaded it maybe 5 or 6 times and it never works. I'm used the twighlight hack for my homebrew channel and my menu system is 3.4E If someone could link me to the download and a guide or just explain how to install it I would be most grateful.

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

First off, this is the GBA section. That being said...

You probably don't have a CIOS installed if you can't get any USB loader to work. You'll need to install one, such as CIOS 38r14. After that, you should be good to go. I use Configurable USB Loader myself, but there are many to choose from.

If you get an error code when trying to install the CIOS, throw the error into Google. You'll probably get a link back to a thread here, hopefully with answers.

Mangaissofun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
velocity37 said:
Hello.

First off, this is the GBA section. That being said...

You probably don't have a CIOS installed if you can't get any USB loader to work. You'll need to install one, such as CIOS 38r14. After that, you should be good to go. I use Configurable USB Loader myself, but there are many to choose from.

If you get an error code when trying to install the CIOS, throw the error into Google. You'll probably get a link back to a thread here, hopefully with answers.

yeah i realised that afterwards and i thought a mod would move it, but apparantely not... What does cIOs stand for? I did install one but it failed afterwards... But ill try to install the one you have there in the link.

What the fuck i went to the link you gave but it didn't have a link to the download, am I just being stupid but? But it seems like nothing i clicked on worked...

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS is a Custom IOS.

Yeah... I'm not digging FileTrip either, but download should work fine. Here's a screenshot:
2evqm4o.jpg

If your cIOS installation attempts have failed, then that's why no USB loader will work. It is required. Just give that a go with network install (wireless/wired internet required). There's always the softmod guide linked above as well, if you want step-by-step instructions.

Mangaissofun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
velocity37 said:
cIOS is a Custom IOS.

Yeah... I'm not digging FileTrip either, but download should work fine. Here's a screenshot:
2evqm4o.jpg

If your cIOS installation attempts have failed, then that's why no USB loader will work. It is required. Just give that a go with network install (wireless/wired internet required). There's always the softmod guide linked above as well, if you want step-by-step instructions.

I'm so clever sometimes when I think my face starts to hurt...

on another note, the instructions say to install the wad, but there is not wad file only a dol one, also don't you need some specific app for instilation of wads?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1