HELP! Wii get blackscreen after i load Gamecube Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Naror, May 6, 2017.

1. Naror
    OP

Naror Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hi I have a big bug with my Wii,
    After I installed Dios Mios my Wii does not load Gamecube Games and I got everytime a Black screen and no sound.
    This guy had the same Problem like me,but i could not finde the filex to fix my Proplem can andybody help me?! <3333

https://gbatemp.net/dynamic/gbatemp-chatroom.93/
    The Thread of the user with the same Problem like me. Hope u can upload or sen me the Files for fixing my Problem.

2. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    I'm out of de Wii hacking scene for a very long time but what I remember is that 's completely normal (at least for disc games).
    Dios Mios is a custom ios which override Mios.
    In order to load gamecube games (from disc) you need the stock/original Mios back.

If you're looking for playing Gamecube backups try Nintendont instead (which doesn't overrides Mios or other ios)

If you got this problems with backup games please be sure you check the following steps:

- Be sure your USB is formatted as FAT32 with a cluster size of 32KB or less. (Yes even if it's a HDD)
    - If you have multiple partitions on a single USB device, be sure the first one is the one you want to use with DIOS MIOS.
    - The SD card must be formatted to FAT32 with a cluster size of 64KB or less.
    - DIOS MIOS loads from USB, DIOS MIOS Lite from SD.
    - "USB GC Path must be USB1:\\Games\ (if you select a folder inside the games folder it will only show that game rather than every one it is important to open the games folder though and select OK when inside it as this will be the root section where gamecube games are stored"

Naror likes this.
  3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    either way, dios mios is kinda "outdated" it still does the job, but nintendont is now a better choice
    you just need to run the app through homebrew channel or choose your favorite usb loader to launch games through nintendont
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

HaloEffect17 and Naror like this.
  4. Naror
    OP

Naror Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    Gambia, The

But where can i download the old Mios? <3

5. Naror
    OP

Naror Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Oh Fine Nintendot fixed all the problems <3333333333 Thanks to uu

//close

6. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    You can use DOP-Mii to install the original MIOS. (This won't affect Nintendont.)