[Help] Wi-Fi Password! (Pokemon)

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by raitos, Aug 19, 2013.

1. raitos
    OP

raitos Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Hello!

I have a DSi XL and I'm playing Pokemon Black, however I can not use any online function, because the game only recognizes Conexoes 1,2 and 3 (These connections do not accept the password Wi-Fi)
    So I have to use the advanced options (4,5 and 6), so I can connect to my Wi-fi and enter the password for my router to be able to access the internet

I wonder if it's possible to play Pokemon Black trough a router with password

Thank you!

(Excuse my creaking English, I'm Brazilian ^ ^)

If Possible help me in my other topic
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-increasing-speed-game.353235/

2. aids0109

aids0109 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2012
    Toilet
    Hi, the game was created for the Nintendo DS system family which only used connections 1,2 and 3 and these were modified in-game. The DSi However modifies them on the system options and won't accept WPA2 Passphrases (3DS consoles can but not for DS games). Most routers being distributed now with the N setting have WPA2 encryption set as default but this can be changed in the routers config (different for most routers) and some can set up a guest network to use the WEP encryption that DS/DSi's use.

3. RPG Hacker

RPG Hacker GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Kaperich
    Actually, I can go online in Pokemon Black 2 using my Nintendo 3DS and WPA2 encryption. That may only be this one game, though. After all, it does have some 3DS-excklusive functionality (like the 3DS Link).

4. zabikt

zabikt Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2005
    Poland
    Yes, it is possible.
    Connections 1, 2, 3 are accepting WEP encryption only.
    If your router is using WPA/WPA2 encryption you must define your connection using advanced option in DSi menu (Connection 4, 5, 6).
    Pokemon Black/White (Black 2/White 2) are using additional capabilities of DSi and can use WPA/WPA2 encrypted connections.

5. Jstink101

Jstink101 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2011
    United States
    I am using a DS Light with pokemon White and having the same problem. I am trying to figure out how to set up a guest network using WEP settings but have no clue what im doing. Using a Motorola SBG6580 modem. Anyone help?

Edit: It looks like the WEP setting is greyed out for my router and not supported. Is there a more efficient way of connecting? Perhaps by opening a port or something? Or is it best to upgrade to a DSi?

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    If you go with a DSi then an original White cart (NOT A FLASH CART) will be able to use WPA, but you might just be able to get one of those DS USB wifi adapters you plug into your PC that makes a private WPA/DS internet connection, that might be cheaper.

7. Jstink101

Jstink101 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2011
    United States
    I just got a DSTWO card, will that work with a new DSi and WPA? I dont mind buying a new DS now that I have a working card, my current one is well over 3 years old and doesn't hold much of a charge anymore.

8. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    The DSTwo works with the DSi fine.

But no flash carts can use WPA, because all (except one) pretend to be a DS game, so the DSi and 3DS only give them access to DS features, not DSi features. And the one cart that runs in DSi-mode has no wifi capability.

9. Jstink101

Jstink101 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2011
    United States
    So are you saying with a DSTWO I am basically shit out of luck when it comes to networking WPA even if I buy a DSi?

10. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Yes.

11. Jstink101

Jstink101 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2011
    United States
    How does one get around the networking issue then? Just stuck using WEP? Because my router doesn't even support it I don't think.

12. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    With any flash cart.

Your router supports it, the setting might just be hidden since WEP is insecure.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-your-3-ds-i-online.293109/

Or get one of those DS USB wifi adapters for the PC, if you can manage to find a working on.