Hardware Help, where does this piece go?

atreyu187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a Wii in the mail with a dead laser. Never changed one in a Wii but has always been simple enough. Anyhow While pulling the laser out I had a piece of plastic which no doubt has something to do with the eject tray but I didn't see where it fell from and I was hoping some of the Wii guru's here could help. I will post a pic of both sides of the plastic piece.

piece2.jpg

piece1f.jpg

Any help would be great!!!

atreyu187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I re-read it and got it thanks but I still get dirty disc error. Not sure what the problem is now. The disc ejects fine and takes the disc fine just when I go to the channel I get the error. Any ideas on that?

snap_0714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atreyu187 said:
I re-read it and got it thanks but I still get dirty disc error. Not sure what the problem is now. The disc ejects fine and takes the disc fine just when I go to the channel I get the error. Any ideas on that?

check if the laser still lights up. when you put in the cd? or if it attempts to read it like if there is a sound. did you touch the laser motor? the one with the 3 screws at the bottom? the thing that holds the dvd and has a flex cable? if it doesnt read or spin or even try maybe its not aligned. if not its definitely the laser. if you didnt touch the motor leave it as is. its the laser with the problem. if you touched the 3 screws try to loosen it up and see if it spins. its trial and error if you touched the screws

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E