Help, where does this piece go?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by atreyu187, Feb 11, 2011.

Feb 11, 2011
  1. atreyu187
    OP

Newcomer atreyu187 Member

United States
    So I got a Wii in the mail with a dead laser. Never changed one in a Wii but has always been simple enough. Anyhow While pulling the laser out I had a piece of plastic which no doubt has something to do with the eject tray but I didn't see where it fell from and I was hoping some of the Wii guru's here could help. I will post a pic of both sides of the plastic piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any help would be great!!!

2. snap_0714

Newcomer snap_0714 Advanced Member

United States
    i posted the same answer on the other thread. check that out

3. atreyu187
    OP

Newcomer atreyu187 Member

United States
    I re-read it and got it thanks but I still get dirty disc error. Not sure what the problem is now. The disc ejects fine and takes the disc fine just when I go to the channel I get the error. Any ideas on that?

4. snap_0714

Newcomer snap_0714 Advanced Member

United States
    check if the laser still lights up. when you put in the cd? or if it attempts to read it like if there is a sound. did you touch the laser motor? the one with the 3 screws at the bottom? the thing that holds the dvd and has a flex cable? if it doesnt read or spin or even try maybe its not aligned. if not its definitely the laser. if you didnt touch the motor leave it as is. its the laser with the problem. if you touched the 3 screws try to loosen it up and see if it spins. its trial and error if you touched the screws

5. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I've had that exact plastic part fall out of some Wii's I've worked on, never had any problems with it reading or other issues.....