Gaming Help, Weird PC problem

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Occasionally on my laptop Windows will refuse to let me delete certain folders but will allow me to move the content out of it.

I use 7 Ultimate, its only with things I download through utorrent to my local download folder and then watch, after that it'll sometimes refuse to delete saying that the folder is in use but as I said it will let me transfer the file itself to my external drive, thats what I thinks a little weird, I have to boot into my ubuntu partition to delete the folder itself.

It only happens sometimes but its really getting annoying now and I have no idea where to start looking.

I've removed any program that could possibly be using it via task manager but nothing also taken them outta utorrent as well.

Any ideas

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If a process has a handle open to a folder you won't be able to delete it. Try downloading Who Lock Me. It's a very tiny program but it's pretty awesome. It integrates into the Windows shell so all you have to do is right-click the folder that you're unable to delete and choose "who lock me?". It will show you all the open handles to the file/folder and which process the handles belong to. You can also close the handles so you'll be able to delete the files.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you didn't shut down utorrent, because that's usually the culprit when files from torrents refuse to be deleted. If it is a file downloaded with a torrent client it will still be in use. Utorrent will occaisionally check if the file is complete and will then commence uploading, or it will attempt to repair the file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM