Help, Weird PC problem

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by yusuo, Oct 14, 2011.

Oct 14, 2011

Help, Weird PC problem by yusuo at 1:40 PM (407 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Occasionally on my laptop Windows will refuse to let me delete certain folders but will allow me to move the content out of it.

I use 7 Ultimate, its only with things I download through utorrent to my local download folder and then watch, after that it'll sometimes refuse to delete saying that the folder is in use but as I said it will let me transfer the file itself to my external drive, thats what I thinks a little weird, I have to boot into my ubuntu partition to delete the folder itself.

It only happens sometimes but its really getting annoying now and I have no idea where to start looking.

I've removed any program that could possibly be using it via task manager but nothing also taken them outta utorrent as well.

Any ideas

2. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    If a process has a handle open to a folder you won't be able to delete it. Try downloading Who Lock Me. It's a very tiny program but it's pretty awesome. It integrates into the Windows shell so all you have to do is right-click the folder that you're unable to delete and choose "who lock me?". It will show you all the open handles to the file/folder and which process the handles belong to. You can also close the handles so you'll be able to delete the files.

3. Sonic0509

Member Sonic0509 Sometimes I'm Maryushi3

Poland
  4. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    I think you didn't shut down utorrent, because that's usually the culprit when files from torrents refuse to be deleted. If it is a file downloaded with a torrent client it will still be in use. Utorrent will occaisionally check if the file is complete and will then commence uploading, or it will attempt to repair the file.