Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DISCLAIMER:
THIS MOD IS STRICTLY A NON-PROFIT PROJECT CREATED BY A FAN FOR FANS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

61-zW6rxVmL.jpg

A translation project for Unchained Blades EXXIV for the 3DS.
While its predecessor UnchainBlades ReXX came to the West, its sequel was never released.
That's where this project comes into play. This project aims to translate the entire game in English so fans of both UnchainBlades and dungeon crawlers can finally have a chance to enjoy this game.

Current progress:

Items, Skills, Quests, Monsters: 84.58% Complete
Menu Descriptions, Prompts and Map Legend: 100% Complete
Script: In Progress
Menu: Not located
Nametags: Not located

Roles:
Translator: Feathered-Knight

Help Wanted:
Script translation assistance
Assistance finding menu text/nametags
Assistance translating images
Playtester​

Last edited by Feathered-Knight,

Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finished translating text found in menus, prompts, map locations and some other QoL details.

- Some QoL menu text as can be seen in followers. Menu itself is not translated. Seems to be in a different file.
Location Names on the map
- Map legends when opening the dungeon map > I have edited since the screenshot was taken to shorten some names. More testing needed to check all legend items.
- Menu Prompts
- Scrolling menu text at the bottom of the menu > I don't know how to format this to add spaces at this time. The document I worked on has spaces but it does not add. I'll need to look into this further.

Followers_Menu.PNGLocation_Names.PNGMap_Legend.PNGPrompts.PNGPrompts_2.PNGScrolling_Text.PNG

Reactions: Kaisaan and fmhugo

Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still making progress.
Items, Skills, Quests, Monsters, Descriptions etc are still in progress but I am not about 82% of the way through with approximately 1055 lines left to translate for this section.
After that formatting will need to be checked within the game and proofread to verify that text if fitting and not going through or past the text boxes for legibility.

Bestiary.PNGEquipment.PNGItems_Descriptions.PNG

Reactions: ExData7

Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just updating that this thread has not been forgotten.
Been doing a lot of translating + my irl job and haven't reached another point to share info yet.
Currently doing some formatting as English words are longer than Japanese so I'm having to condense sentences to fit in the boxes properly while also making sure they make sense grammatically when reading.

Koroshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was not aware that Unchained Blades had a series of games. Congratulations on your efforts and best of luck with the project.
Same here! Wish you all the best and if you need help, update the forum! There is always "working to be" or "wanting to be" future romhackers here!

EDIT: Are you also doing this for the PSP as well? (In otherwords port the translation over etc)

Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same here! Wish you all the best and if you need help, update the forum! There is always "working to be" or "wanting to be" future romhackers here!

EDIT: Are you also doing this for the PSP as well? (In otherwords port the translation over etc)
Thank you, I might just do that since I've still been struggling to find some text and there's a lot left to translate.

> EDIT: Are you also doing this for the PSP as well? (In otherwords port the translation over etc)
I'm not planning to at the moment as the 3DS version is already taking a lot of time. However, if the versions are similar enough in terms of files I don't believe translating the PSP version in the future is out of the question.

Koroshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm in process of learning a few programming languages (mainly because I'm interested in IT) and well I've always wanted to try my hand at romhacking (Segagaga, I'm looking at you.) so yeah, please keep updating this forum post with 'help wanted' and I'm sure the peanut crowd will eventually answer your call.

Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm in process of learning a few programming languages (mainly because I'm interested in IT) and well I've always wanted to try my hand at romhacking (Segagaga, I'm looking at you.) so yeah, please keep updating this forum post with 'help wanted' and I'm sure the peanut crowd will eventually answer your call.
Thank you, I'll do that.
Real life has kept me busy so I've not been able to get as much progress as I want lately so with the title honestly any help would be good.

Last edited by Feathered-Knight,
Reactions: Surveylance

Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nearly completed translating items/skills/quests and monsters.
What's left is descriptions when looking at items/skills/monsters. After which I will need to check in the game itself to verify that the spacing is correct and the writing does not go past borders and confirm formatting.

I've also spent some time and finally played far enough to get to quests to see and test them so that I could provide some screenshots.
Quest names will need some work.
Rewards and item requested are listedn.
The fluff descriptions themselves are still in Japanese for now as I haven't gotten to it yet.

QuestMenu.PNGQuestMenu2.PNGQuestMenu3.PNGBattleText.PNGUnlockDoorText.PNGSkillName.PNGShopArmor.PNGShopWeapons.PNG

Reactions: Surveylance

Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Recently found the menu files and can open and extract them with Karameru and EveryFileExplorer.

Struggling with it though as after translating and replacing the menu text in Karameru after using png2bclim the menu works but all text is missing.

Any advice if anyone knows what is happening or what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Many thanks

As a heads up this project has not been forgotten. It's just more slow going and I'm only one person.

Life has been busy and I have had less time to spend on translation so it has been going much slower than before but it is still in progress.

Reactions: Serph-DDS

BobDaBuilda

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi just wondering how the translation is going would love to help but have no knowledge on translating just drop in every now and then to see if there's any updates.

Feathered-Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi just wondering how the translation is going would love to help but have no knowledge on translating just drop in every now and then to see if there's any updates.
Translation is going well though I don't have any screenshots to show for it at the current moment. Because of irl I haven't had a huge amount of time to invest into it in the last couple of months as I would like.

But the project has not been forgotten and is not dead. Time has just been tight recently.

Reactions: FictionOnes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto