Emulation [Help wanted] How to access the BIOS menu of NeoDS (Neogeo for DS)?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have to follow the old conversion guide. If some files in your rom (zipper archive) do not match the ones requested by the tool, just rename their extension to match, and restart the conversion tool. It's been a long time since I've used it, so I don't remember better than that. 🤷

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
I bumped my thread to bring my problem to your attention again, adding a few pictures to awaken interest in this amazing Neo-Geo emulator.

View attachment 311000

To this day, playing 24bit arcade games on DS/DS Lite, with this almost 15 years old emulator, has something incredible: I think it is the best and most amazing emulator on DS (with jEnesisDS in second place): games at full speed, no slowdown, perfect music. Games of almost 100Mb (e.g. SNK vs. Capcom) work excellently and smoothly: the Dpad on the DS lite responds exceptionally well especially for fighting games, while sadly the one on the DSi is too stiff and the diagonals don't work.
Only the Super Sidekicks series have graphical glitches.
Anyway, by randomly pressing buttons during gameplay I discovered, if anyone else is interested, the cheat menu (R+start), which is already a great help. But I still haven't given up hope of knowing how to access the uni-bios menu, assuming someone will help me now.

View attachment 310999
Btw how you made console mode defualt in the first place?

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Btw how you made console mode defualt in the first place?
In fact, I never did! I'm fine with the arcade mode: I like the feeling of putting virtual "coins" (through select button) into the arcade machine. Otherwise, it makes no substantial difference between the two versions.

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
In fact, I never did! I'm fine with the arcade mode: I like the feeling of putting virtual "coins" (through select button) into the arcade machine. Otherwise, it makes no substantial difference between the two versions.
Btw doea it save youre bios setting?
Pls tell e i wanna know

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Btw doea it save youre bios setting?
Pls tell e i wanna know
I don't know. It's been a long time since I've tried it. Why? What's the problem if you have to change its setting every time? It is a matter of a few seconds each time. Anyway, I don't think you can save those settings.

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Sure. No problem. But what I know is identical to what is written in the official guide, no more no less. Besides, it has been a year since I converted its roms. 🤔
Btw bro i have 1 question
Wut romset did you use for the converting or
What romset does neods use?
If you answers the quation ty in advance

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Sure. No problem. But what I know is identical to what is written in the official guide, no more no less. Besides, it has been a year since I converted its roms. 🤔
hey bro u online? i need to know do i need to dldi patch me r4 sdhc dual core?

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Regarding kof98, it is not a game I use on NeoDS: prefer the two versions (conversions) I play sometimes on GBA SP.

Among the Neo Geo titles I have tried on NeoDS, only Super Sidekicks series (background scrolling glitches) and Sonic Wings series (no bgms) have some issues, as I had already mentioned elsewhere.

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Regarding kof98, it is not a game I use on NeoDS: prefer the two versions (conversions) I play sometimes on GBA SP.

Among the Neo Geo titles I have tried on NeoDS, only Super Sidekicks series (background scrolling glitches) and Sonic Wings series (no bgms) have some issues, as I had already mentioned elsewhere.
So you dont play kof 98
And btw wut neods ds use like wut mame does it runs like118 or the 127 or even 1

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lad, if you will be good, as soon as I have time I will post here the list of all the NG titles I tried on NeoDS (although then I deleted some, because I didn't play them).

Edit. Here it is:

IMG_20231208_154632.jpg

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Trevor_2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the best emulator for ds, it runs at 60fps on the dsi with a clock of 133mhz, unfortunately it has graphical flaws with a clock of 133mhz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o