help. vita crashing when connected to the internet

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by pokeball122, May 2, 2019.

1. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    well this time i didnt mess anything up...unless i messed up by not using my vita for like 2 weeks
    anyway
    onto the main subject.
    my vita freezes regardless of what im doing, but only when its connected to the internet.
    this hasnt happened to me untill now and ive been using enso 3.65 for a while.

its such an inconviniance and i hope someone can help me with this pain in the butt vita...again

2. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Sounds like it's a plugin conflicting somewhere, try disabling one by one by putting # then space in front of plugin line in config.txt file, and see if that fixes it

3. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017

would i be able to use something like plugin manager to do that?
    im still kinda useless with this thing

4. TheTechWiz25

TheTechWiz25 GBAtemp's Personal Computer Wiz

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    Look...the guy told you what to do. If you want help then listen to what we have to say and try it. If you can't do anything then just create a local FTP on the Vita and connect to it on your PC or just find a way to get the main storage of the Vita on your PC so you can modify it.

5. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    I tried using plugin manager to disable but from what i experienced it just deleted the plugin and i had to reinstall it again. I would actually recommend using vitashell to disable plugins manually in your tai folder config.txt file. Or if you want just list off the plugins you have installed and i can tell you if any of them might be the cause. For me rerescaler, vitagrafix, lolicon, nonpdrm and various other plugins have caused crashes for me. Sometimes it was as simple as one plugin needing to be loaded before another plugin, other times certain plugins just will not work together at the same time. What I've had to do is disable some plugins when not using them and re-enable when i want to use them. And i needed to rearrange some plugins before others in config.txt, the first plugin is booted first then so on down the list, i had to put certain ones at the top of the list so that it would work.

6. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    my tie folders in ur0 incase that helps

heres the list top too bottom.
    *kernel
    ux0:app/pspemucfw/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
    ur0:tai/nonpdrm
    ur0:tai/refood
    ur0:tai/repatch
    ur0:tai/kuio
    ur0:tai/ioplus (no clue what this and kuio do)

*main
    ur0:tai/notrophymsg
    ur0:tai/vflux
    ur0:tai/download_enabler
    ur0:tai/custom_warning
    ur0:tai/shellsecbat

*all
    ur0:tai/itls
    ur0:tai/turbopad
    ur0:tai/infinitenet
    ur0:tai/vsh
    ur0:tai/rescaler (im fine with deleting this one and turbopad if needed)
    ur0:tai/vitagrafix

7. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Ok i think it actually may be infinitenet plugin i had same issue, idk why but i couldn't get it to work with another plugin, i think nonpdrm? Can't remember what it conflicted with but i would recommend just adding a # then space in front of infinitenet plugin and see if that stops the crashes. Not many games use it so you can just remove the # and space and copy it under titleid of game to re-enable if you do want to use it.
    For example if i wanted to use infinitenet plugin for civ rev 2 game i would delete it from under *ALL and add a line at the bottom of config.txt file
    *PCSE00672
    ur0:tai/InfiniteNet.suprx
    So it loads only for that specific game/app, in this case civilization revolution 2.

Last edited by kaymynd, May 4, 2019
  8. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017

yep, twas infininet, shame but thanks for your help and patiance

9. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    No problem, glad i could help!