Hacking HELP - VBA Pokemon Sav File 64Kb to 128Kb M3 DS Real

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well Guys, I really need a lot of help.

I have a sav file of Pokemon Emerald and I need to use it on my DS using M3 DS Real. I already tried a lot of things but I get everytime a in-game message that the file is corrupted and have been erased.

The save works really well (with some data corrupted messages when loading) in VBA, and it's the only copy that I have of it. Please, help me using this on my DS.

Here's the sav file: http://rapidshare.com/files/159512782/Poke...merald.sav.html

(+/- 19 hours of gameplay)

Anyone try to convert it and test it ... you are my last hope :S

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This file should work. I converted your file and tested it on my DS and I was able to access the save just fine.

It works both in Sakura and M3 Real firmware, and it's not corrupt anymore.

http://rapidshare.com/files/159553208/Poke...merald.rar.html

I wrote a guide on how to convert VBA-M 64KB .sav files into M3 Real/Sakura 128KB .sav files for GBA. Check the Sakura FAQ.

tinyurl.com/m3sakura

Tips:
- If you frequently switch back and forth between the GBA Expansion Pack and the Rumble Pack, check to make sure that you have the GBA Expansion Pack inserted before you try to load a GBA ROM. If the Rumble Pack is inserted and you load a GBA ROM, the .sav file will be corrupted.
- Set your GBA ROM to "Patch Load." Don't use "Fast Load" if you're having problems saving or if you keep losing your saves.

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How can I thank you?!
yaynds.gif

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The save file you made works perfect, thanks.

I have just one question. I've read your faq about VBA to M3 and then I tried to make it by myself.

Well ... I've passed a little more the game (Pokemon Emerald) on my PC using VBA (I just make this cause I gain a lot of time using the frameskip button to train, lol). After this I saved the game sometimes and after testing the save (rebooting VBA) I started trying to follow your faq.

I made this (I use M3 default firmware cause I need to use the function to mount the GBA games so I can transfer Pokemon via Pal Park):
-Deleted all Pokemon - Emerald files in gba folder;
-Copied the Pokemon - Emerald.gba and Pokemon - Emerald.sav to gba folder;
-Started the DS and enter in the game with patch boot enabled (I always boot my games like that).

I've got the same damn message "The save file is corrupt and will be erased ..." and then I only got New Game and Options buttons.

I've made all of this with GBA expansion slot on slot 2. Can you tell me how you converted/open point by point (to a noob, lol) the save file I put on first post?! Talk about everything, even minor details. I want to understand this for good.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Which firmware are you using? M3 Sakura or M3 Real?

If you're following the directions exactly and it's not working with Real, try it with Sakura. I use Sakura to convert my saves, and I have no problems.

If you tried Sakura and you're still getting a corrupt file, let me know and I'll try to write better directions with screenshots using your .sav file.

*EDIT 1*
After fixing the .sav file in Sakura, it should work in M3 Real with no problems.

*EDIT 2*
Try to use the VBA-M uploaded on the FAQ. It's the newest version (October 10th, 2008).

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already tried with both firmwares and all the time I get the same message:

"The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage."

I just cant understand. 2 weeks ago I've made the same thing for my Pokemon FireRed and it worked ... Well, here's the new sav file (+/- 25 hours of gameplay):

http://rapidshare.com/files/159914854/Poke...merald.sav.html

Sorry for everything, I dont want to be boring to you ...

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll take a look at the save later when I get home and I have access to my own PC.

I do have a theory about why you're having problems with Emerald though. It might have something to do with the game's clock.

Ruby and Sapphire have a patch that will allow you to fix the clock-based events, but currently there is no clock fix for Emerald.

Here are a few links that might give you more info:

Sapphire
Ruby
Emerald

GBATA (for the Sapphire & Ruby clock fix)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay