Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Never mind, the patch doesn't work.

[title:Original Post]I decided to see if I could hack together a clock fix for Pokemon Emerald. To do this, I looked at the clock fixes for Ruby and Sapphire and tried to apply them to Emerald. I may have created a working fix, but I don't actually play Pokemon (never have), so I'm not sure if it really works. It does at least stop the game from giving the "dry battery" error when you start it.

I need people that actually know how the clock based events work to test the patch for me. Specifically, I need to know if A), the clock fix actually works for enabling the various clock based events, and B), does the game still work properly when patched (i.e. does the patch introduce unacceptable glitches or errors).

The patch is for Pokemon Emerald (U), and the rom I used to make the patch has a CRC32 of 1F1C08FB.

You can download the patch here: http://www.zshare.net/download/128671970e17313c/

Edit: In case it matters, this patch is based on GBATA's Ruby/Sapphire clock fix.

Please do not distribute this patch until it is verified as working properly.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First reply!!
I'll test it in VBA...
*EDIT*
Works on shoal cave. finally thanks to you I have the shoal bell thing. its a pointless item but still thanks.
I'll post later full results. now to get an Evee...

IndianGangster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thanks, ill try it out in my ezflash4 for gba sp

btw: do i have to know what this means: "rom I used to make the patch has a CRC32 of 1F1C08FB."

IndianGangster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i tested it on my gba sp ezflash IV and it did not work
frown.gif

the clock stayed the same even after 20 mins of game play
lol the game keeps tracks of how you have played but it doesn't keep track of the time
frown.gif

note: the game does not say that the internal battery is dry

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not actually sure how the clock fix works. I thought it allowed you to change the time with a button combination, but I don't know what it is (I don't think it magically adds a real working clock to the game). If someone that knows how GBATA's clock fix works could clear this up it would be very helpful.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to GBATA's readme, the clock fix should make the clock run during gameplay (obviously, it won't run when the game isn't running). Here is the exact quote:
QUOTE said:
10.Clock fix
With this funtion you can make the Real Time Clock runs during play time, it is for the hardware that doesn't support RTC.
--------------

IndianGangster said:
btw: do i have to know what this means: "rom I used to make the patch has a CRC32 of 1F1C08FB."
The CRC32 lets you tell if you have the same exact rom file that I used. WinRAR will tell you what the CRC32 of a file in an archive is.

If the patch doesn't work, check the CRC32.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It worked for me...

They way it works is, the GBA pokemon games have a built in battery that lasts just over a year that is used to power the internal clock.
They installed a failsafe to turn the clock off at exactly a year. the battery can be recharged by linking to pokemon stadium on the gamecube, but if it ran to 0% it would die
so that is a problem in roms as no battery in hardware = no internal clock, so the patch overrides the internal thing that turns the clock off at a year which means;
Working clock!

D-Trogh

Trophies
Website
promh.freehostia.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Why would you want to perform a Clock Fix on Emerald, Nintendo fixed it there..
Only Ruby and Sapphire need a Clock Fix.. You can fix R/S by linking Emerald to it and do something on load..

This thread is pointless..

Scytheandsickle

Trophies
XP
Country
D-Trogh said:
Only Ruby and Sapphire need a Clock Fix.. You can fix R/S by linking Emerald to it and do something on load..

We're talking about fixing the rom so that the clock events still work when you run it in something that doesn't have an internal clock (i.e. VBA/EZFlash 3-in-1)

Please read before idiotically posting next time.
lecture.gif

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D-Trogh said:

The clock fix is to make the game work on flash cards where there is no Real Time Clock battery. It makes the clock run only during gameplay.

Dan U

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. So ya. Been playn Emerald on a GBA Emulator. Having issues with this whole time clock fix. Main Issue is im not the smartest when it comes to computers. So just wondering if someone could explain a solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1